Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Possibly back in the fold soon.......

michelin

Indianapolis
As title really and seeing as the 991 Cabriolets are a little high presently I'm considering either a 981 Boxster or Cayman. As some will now I've come from a 997 C2 which was sold last year.
Do I go 981 route that is the question!
Any help or info appreciated.
:thumb:

Just be pedantic, but with neither of those will you be back in the 911 fold

fair point :grin:

I love the 981 (the zenith of non-911 Pork, and whisper it, in some ways betters them)

But I sadly have a 911 plate, so that precludes most options.

So Boxster or Cayman??? :?:

Why thank you sir.
I was sort of thinking that myself but keep looking at the Cayman for some reason.
The Boxster does have the cabriolet feel but what more do you get over the Cayman?
:thumb:

Away in Tenerife atm. Still pondering the Box S 981 or 997 C4S.
I saw a review the other day on the 981 and basically the person challenged his local OPC as to how they could charge so much for a 991 cabriolet when you can get just the same in a 981 Box 'S'
Comments welcome :thumb:

I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

Now the new Cayman (981) is much improved on the predecessors, but to my eyes, it is the Bosxter that is the nicer looking.

Obviously there is little point in discussing our subjective opinions, but even when it comes to the GT4, I'd rather have the Spyder.

If wanted a Porsche tin top, I know I couldn't sleep unless it was a 911.

Points made very well.
I only need a two seater and from previously having a C2 I thought the newish Boxster S ticks my boxes :)

I'd go the Boxster every time over a Cayman for road use. Absolutely balls out and out fun to drive and the option to get the roof down. Even the non S is fantastic.

I'm 6'2" & it can lend itself to a unique driving position style if you're tall. Hence the need to have a big brother to recline the seat. Don't let it put you off as the designers at Porsche helped the newer generations with a bit more room in the cabin. As well as improving other areas of the car.

You'll enjoy a Boxster or Cayman just as much as your 911 as it brings smiles in different ways. Get down to your local OPC and take some out for a long test drive on roads you know. :thumb:

Still looking so PM me if anybody is selling.
Cheers and Happy New Year to all. :thumb:

Missed out on a white one just before Christmas at Ashgood.
Although it was on PH two weeks before....dam :frustrated:
Cheers :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back