Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Vin Number RHD

Miaspa

HI

I have registered on the forum hoping someone may be able to help or point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to find out how early a RHD Carrera 2 is.

The chassis number end in 0360 its an L year so 1989 and according to the certificate of conformity was completed 06 September 1989. Its a ROW car again from the chassis number

The actual car in question was registered in Reading and I have a couple of test reviews of the 964 and it appears to be the same car.

Its definitely the on the front cover of issue 2 of 911 and Porsche World.

I have tried Porsche but got no help, the car in question is owned by a family member and it would be nice to give him all the history I have found so far. He has it for nearly 25 years, but never considered how early the car was.

Thanks for any help offered.

You can check date of first registration on the DVLA web site here.

Check your VIN decode here - L year marker is 1990 (I have one myself).

flying_scotsman said:
You can check date of first registration on the DVLA web site here.

Check your VIN decode here - L year marker is 1990 (I have one myself).

Sorry that was a typo on my part, L is 1990 K is 1989.

My understanding from older Porsches was a model year started after the August factory close down.

So a 1990 model would run from late August 1989 to early August 1990. Not sure if that changed over the years my interest is in early 911 not on the later models like the 964!

The Carrera 2 only came into production in the 1990 model year so one built September 6th 1989 registered 28th September 1989 seems to pretty early. The one I am trying to find about was registered in Reading (Home of Porsche GB?) It was a press car, well I have articles but Porsche GB wont give me any info.

When you look at the first 911's back in 1965 the first RHD was about the 400th car built, the surviving seven 1965 model year (pre August 1965 factor close down) RHD's range from the 400th to 2000th.

This could all be speculation but cant find a definitive answer.

MY is still: 1 Sept (MY-1) to 31 Aug MY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back