Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tramont Cup wheels (Speedline RS style) for the 993

ch3tman

Suzuka
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer, Tramont, and their 3-piece 'CUP' wheel?

http://www.tramont.fr/tramont-jantes_en.html
https://www.facebook.com/tramont.wheels/posts/1002828176421174

24424518791_46d51ef5f3_b.jpg

80-dscn1303_cea99a05dcbf594e814586be988e1e484a3a145c.jpg

If you believe posts on Rennlist : 'Tramont makes a Porsche licensed replica of the Speedlines, called the Cup wheel'.
If you believe posts on Pistonheads : 'Tramont in France actually manufacture for Speedline'.

Either way, it appears that Tramont know what they're doing! :)

Apparently you can specify any width and any offset which is pretty handy for NB and WB cars.

The wheels seem to be appearing on a few 993s on Rennlist, do we have any UK owners?
Thoughts on quality & strength?

They appear to weigh in at between 25-27lbs / 11.5-12.5kg - how does this stack up against Hollow Spokes?

They probably cost a fortune, so ignoring that aspect for the time being :lol:.

They're really just an exact RS Speedline Replica (Design) manufactured in a real 3 Piece Design.
Have a good search on Rennlist as some owners have had issues, IIRC it was something to do with the external bolt fixings.

I considered them but went down the OEM Speedline route in the shape of Daytona's as RS' seem to be a little popular and I wanted a slightly different look.

Edit: See post 23 here: http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/779443-tramont-cup-heads-up-2.html

I have two sets of Daytona's and i'm currently splitting the second for refurbishment. They are very well made and as in the Rennlist post do have aluminium crush rings and rubber seals, wheras the Tramonts do not.

C.

I like them and by all accounts well made - on the list :thumb:

cableguy said:
They're really just an exact RS Speedline Replica (Design) manufactured in a real 3 Piece Design.
Have a good search on Rennlist as some owners have had issues, IIRC it was something to do with the external bolt fixings.

I considered them but went down the OEM Speedline route in the shape of Daytona's as RS' seem to be a little popular and I wanted a slightly different look.

Edit: See post 23 here: http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/779443-tramont-cup-heads-up-2.html

I have two sets of Daytona's and i'm currently splitting the second for refurbishment. They are very well made and as in the Rennlist post do have aluminium crush rings and rubber seals, wheras the Tramonts do not.

C.

Thanks for the info - quite a long running thread on Rennlist! So it seems from post #23 there are a few key differences between these and the real deal Speedlines. That said, the Tramonts still appear to be the closest/best replica - unless anyone knows of alternatives?

I did come across another replica in Veloce but not only are they fixed sizes, but a few posts on Rennlist indicated the studs are 'stuck on' and can fall off!? :eek:

Speedline Daytona's seem like a rare wheel too, you must really like them to have 2 sets? :lol: Out of interest how much do they weigh?

Veloce are a cast one piece wheel which are made to look like Speedlines. Competitively priced but as you say they do have fake fixings. I have never seen a set so can't comment on the quality.

I'll weigh my Daytona's when I get chance and let you know.

C.

Tramont are well made, if you know your wheels you can see the differences to RS Speedlines.

The immediate visual difference is they use different bolts to the Speedlines.

Speedline bolts are readily available and it's fun fitting and torquing 160 of them to a set of wheels!

Unfortunate timing with the weak £ to the € at the moment, makes them seem quite expensive.

cableguy said:
I'll weigh my Daytona's when I get chance and let you know.
Don't worry, I only wondered if you knew the weights on the off-chance, so we could compare against the universally-approved 'light' hollow spoke twists.

wpozzz99zSS said:
Unfortunate timing with the weak £ to the € at the moment, makes them seem quite expensive.
Yep, good point. The current situation probably rules out any potential purchase for the short term...

I picked up a set in the end, the decision was made once I'd learnt the prices were due to increase from the turn of the calendar year. So I managed to squeeze in an order in December.

I did have detailed photos of the wheels in isolation but I changed phones without backing up and lost them all :frustrated: ..oops.

Whilst the Rennlist guys seem to go for a more aggressive offset for the deep-dish look, I went for the same size/offsets as the factory Speedlines (8*18 ET52, 10*18 ET65), to ensure no fitment issues. Plus I'm not a fan of the super deep-dish look.

They were mounted last week...

oTyjFE2.jpg

fOEdvUC.jpg

hNQWi3E.jpg

s3wU9C0.jpg

Not to everyone's taste, perhaps, but I like them!

I was and still am undecided on centre caps (coloured crests vs black and white) so by default I'm running without at the moment :D, especially as it seems there are no adverse risks of running without.

As long as you like them, that's all that matters.

I do think they look good.

i think you need to avoid the heavy cheap rims whatever you pick. I'm currently selling these 18" split rims if interested which i weighed at not a lot more than the oe turbo twists. however they will suit a WB not a NB, the rears are 11" with 285s.

Attachments

• 14242509_10154388852861257_5668170482675849464_o_172.jpg
    14242509_10154388852861257_5668170482675849464_o_172.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 15,028
These Tramonts look good - I wouldn't mind getting some, but perhaps breaking them apart and rebuilding them with bolts/o-rings, and giving them some wax treatment, specified on the Speedlines.

How much for a set of these for NB? Also, where can you get the Speedline bolts etc?

Are these easily available in the UK. i really don't need another set of wheels but these are interesting.

What's not to like, looks great and to most look just like RS Speedlines. 8)

I considered the RS look but fancied something a little different and went for genuine Speedline Daytona's. Same offset on the front but with a slightly more aggressive et59 offset on the rears.

C.

ch3tman they look 8)

Sutton, cableguy, NottsRS - thank you; I'm really happy with them :thumbs:.

ARP - yes, easily available although you order direct from the manufacturer who are based in France. Shipping is quick and costs are fair. The only wait is the actual manufacturing time; each set is made to order given you're able to specify your desired widths/offsets and then it takes them around 3 weeks (give or take) to make them.

I'd recommend getting in touch with them directly to quote for your needs (note, for a NB, they recommended 8,5 x 18 ET 52 front and 10 x 18 ET 59 rear). Christine Jacquet takes care of all order details and was very prompt & easy to deal with.

Do post back if you decide to go for it :thumb:.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back