Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Road Trip 2016 - I've decided to take the Macan over 993tip

anawaz

Montreal
... hope i've made the right decision which was based on the following factors:

1. It was my first time doing something like this so wanted the 'safer' option
2. The Macan never fails to amaze me in terms of its overall performance, which probably tells you I don't know how to drive the 993 properly.
3. Fuel economy - how so much torque/power can be delivered onto the tarmac by the Macan is beyond me, and what's even more astonishing is how little fuel is uses to do this.
4. Luxury - the Macan is fully loaded with dynamic suspension so I can go comfort on long straigts.

any thoughts, reactions folks?

Click here for the Route

Having done several road trips across Europe in both my previous and current 911s, this year for reasons of family practicality, I took the family
Evoque.

Though dynamically not as good as the Macan, it was a great drive, it handled the twisty Alpine sections really well (mine has dynamic suspension) and also very economical. Plus it has a fantastic meridian sound system. Only downside was it could have done with more power, something that should be less of an issue in the Macan.

Also being decent off road meant that I could go up some rough terrain to get some decent pics along the way...

So I'm sure you will have fun in the Macan...

That said, at numerous stages I was missing my 911, it just makes the journey that much more special... 911s were designed for exactly these types of cross continent hoons, fast highways, superb alpine passes, sweeping lakeside roads... It is very engaging and i don't think you truly bond with the 911 until you've done such a trip...

Good dilema to have though and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :thumb:

Wimp. Wrong decision :nooo:

Pah, you have both failed to commit. Get off the forum 1/2 men :D

(Sensible choice to be fair- no stress but less fun?.. Enjoy the trip!)

Don't forget your pipe/slippers :lol:

What a waste of a 993... Too many garage queens and not enough commitment IMO. This was the perfect opportunity to exploit and learn the 993's handling characteristics on an epic road trip in an epic car that you could have told your grandkids about.

Hang your head in shame.

C.

Time to sell up?

MC

Re: Road Trip 2016 - I've decided to take the Macan over 993

anawaz said:
1. It was my first time doing something like this so wanted the 'safer' option

Oh dear, dear, dear.

:nooo:

Maybe get the Macan a trailer and put one of your 993s on it; sit in the 993 whilst someone drives the 4x4 to get that dangerous sports car feeling in relative safety. You need counselling!

Mate, it's a bizarre post.

What sort of reaction were you expecting from the 993 forum out of interest?

Sell the 993s , no point having em if they aren't driven :duh:

You are missing out, we all knows these cars are pretty much bullet proof and were built to be driven. The most enjoyable and longest drive I have ever done in my 993 was when I drove from the UK to Spain, 1900Kms of pure fun, the car had a smile on its face the entire journey as did I.

A couple of months back I did Quenca about 800Kms round trip ab fab.

Oh well maybe next time :D

ATB :)

First world problems :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back