Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Turbo, Contemplating selling

Six speed

Trainee
I'm contemplating selling my beloved 911 Turbo 997.2, I have owned since last September and was brought from a OPC, it's only done 28,000, which I've done 3,500. It still has 22 months Porsche Warrenty left.

We have just had a baby, 2 weeks ago and although I have seen many people using there Porsche, for me I think it's just going to sit in my garage and not get used enough as it is a 3rd car... I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day.

So I guess if I can get reasonable money for it, I would sell, below are the pictures from when it was brought, I will add my own.. But just wanted to know if anybody on here might be interested before I look at other places to list it.

Attachments

• image_661.jpeg
    image_661.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 5,930
  • image_560.jpeg
    image_560.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 5,930
  • image_583.jpeg
    image_583.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 5,930
  • image_709.jpeg
    image_709.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 5,930
  • image_578.jpeg
    image_578.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5,930
  • image_323.jpeg
    image_323.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 5,930
Couple more pics

Attachments

• image_276.jpeg
    image_276.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 5,818
  • image_529.jpeg
    image_529.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 5,818
Nice looking car- shame to sell but needs must. Any idea on price? Interior shots would help, as would ownership, service history, tyre conditions 👍

Mr02ard said:
Nice looking car- shame to sell but needs must. Any idea on price? Interior shots would help, as would ownership, service history, tyre conditions 👍

Thanks - yes will be a shame if I do choose to sell but I will be looking for top dollar, otherwise I'd just keep it.

Will post interior images from when I brought it and post my ones when the weather gets better in a couple of days.

Full Porsche service history, brought from Porsche centre Bournemouth. It has 22 months Porsche warranty remaining, will come with a full years MOT.

It had full tracking and brand new full set of Michalin PS2 fitted 1 week ago by Porsche at Colchester.

There is not a scratch or dent anywhere, no damage on any wheel and the interior is spotless. Very highly spec'd car.. In amazing condition.

Specs as above, plus dealer fitted cruise control.

I'm hoping £65k might be realistic, It will be nice to hear other people's opinions, but please be kind.

Attachments

• image_401.jpeg
    image_401.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 5,758
  • image_982.jpeg
    image_982.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 5,758
I've got a similar car, similar mileage etc however have Aerokit, RS alloys and carbon fibre factory fitted interior trim. Also been considering selling mine a few time. Must be a 997.2 turbo thing.....lol

I think it's worth £65k all day long

If your serious about selling may be worth selling through one of the Porsche indies on a SOR as they will achieve the highest price possible for you.

PM me you if require their details :thumb:

The 997.2 Turbo is beautiful. Each successive generation just gets better and better. If I sell my car ot would be for a 997.2 Turbo.

I think SOR via good Indy will get the best price.
I think closer to £69k just shy of starting with a 7.

I think you will keep it. It's too nice to give up.

Very very nice car, however I couldnt justify the potential 20k jump in price from my 2008 997.1 turbo.

Depending on the spec, millage and condition of your car it could be more like 10k.

rabbitstew said:
Very very nice car, however I couldnt justify the potential 20k jump in price from my 2008 997.1 turbo.

Might be just a 10k jump these days!

Thanks for the feedback, and the nice comments on the car, it really is a beautiful car (as they all are).. I think I need to toy with the idea some more.. I hear what people are saying about an independent dealer, but for now that's not the road I want to go down.. I really am torn as it is such a wonderful car..

This has all come about because of my recent purchase of a Tesla as a family car. Don't get me wrong the Porsche is superior in many ways as a sports car, except in 2 area's, it's slower to 60 and is nowhere near as practical. I brought the Tesla, with the view to keeping the Porsche as my weekend car (as it has been up to now).. However due to the Tesla being very good, extremely quick and not finding I'm having any range issues and the fact we have just had a little one, I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to find the time to justify keeping it.

#1st world problems.

Attachments

• dsc00521_530.jpg
    dsc00521_530.jpg
    982.8 KB · Views: 5,592
Six speed said:
Thanks for the feedback, and the nice comments on the car, it really is a beautiful car (as they all are).. I think I need to toy with the idea some more.. I hear what people are saying about an independent dealer, but for now that's not the road I want to go down.. I really am torn as it is such a wonderful car..

This has all come about because of my recent purchase of a Tesla as a family car. Don't get me wrong the Porsche is superior in many ways as a sports car, except in 2 area's, it's slower to 60 and is nowhere near as practical. I brought the Tesla, with the view to keeping the Porsche as my weekend car (as it has been up to now).. However due to the Tesla being very good, extremely quick and not finding I'm having any range issues and the fact we have just had a little one, I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to find the time to justify keeping it.

#1st world problems.

Slower to 60mph?

Are you serious?

I know the Tesla is capable of 0-60mph in 2.8secs, however the American car magazines have also achieved 0-60mph in 2.8secs in the 997.2 turbo!!

Bikeracer1098 said:
Slower to 60mph?

Are you serious?

I know the Tesla is capable of 0-60mph in 2.8secs, however the American car magazines have also achieved 0-60mph in 2.8secs in the 997.2 turbo!!

Obviously I haven't been able to master driving both cars at the same time and I don't fancy letting one of my mates try, but without any doubt the Tesla feels quicker. Now if we are talking from any rolling speed of say over 20mph the Porsche is far quicker and 0-100mph again the Porsche.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Slower to 60mph?

Are you serious?

Yeah check out Youtube there are loads of drag races of the Tesla Vs the 997 and 991 turbo as well as the 991 GT3.

That looks totally stunning and perfect ,such a shame if you decide to sell

I bought my 997.1 Turbo as my family car. :)

Well it has more room in the back than my old 993 had! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back