Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Axle Lift System on 911.2 Carrera

gtb5

First post and almost ready to take the plunge to order first ever P-car. It will be basic Carrera and just want the basic options (no seat belt buckles in smooth leather!)

One of the new options available is the Front Axle Lift System which I find might be usual in my local conditions where speed bumps are common, but it costs over 2,000 pounds and I worry about above long term reliability.

Anyone has this option in the car and please shed some light on usefulness of this function.

gtb5 said:
First post and almost ready to take the plunge to order first ever P-car. It will be basic Carrera and just want the basic options (no seat belt buckles in smooth leather!)

One of the new options available is the Front Axle Lift System which I find might be usual in my local conditions where speed bumps are common, but it costs over 2,000 pounds and I worry about above long term reliability.

Anyone has this option in the car and please shed some light on usefulness of this function.

Well - nobody is really going to be able to comment on long term reliability of that in a 991 are they. There certainly were issues with it in the 997. At one point, 100% of 997 GT3 owners with it on their cars that I had ever meet had had cause to be glad of their cars being in warranty, though I should note that that was only 3 (not a big sample size) and they were all cars that had some committed track time. Polishers on other forums hadn't at the time reported any problems. If out of warranty it would have been a seriously expensive fix which would have paid for many replacement splitters and brake ducts, so unless you need it to get to a regular destination (such as your home) then I wouldn't call it a must have.

But as I alluded to at the start - any previous problem may have been addressed with the installation in the 991 though, so the long term question is completely open.

Do you really need it though? Assuming that you are going to be running at standard ride heights I seriously doubt it personally. The ramp angles on a 911 aren't that bad and to be honest never have been. If it is going to end up dropped an inch or more then it might start to make sense. :?:

Thanks for the advice and yeah I'll skip this option as I don't see I need it regularly and my car won't be lowered at all.

gtb5 said:
Thanks for the advice and yeah I'll skip this option as I don't see I need it regularly and my car won't be lowered at all.

As Disco says a very expensive option box to tick for something that your wont really need , even if you lowered it a bit which you wouldn't while under warranty, its only the PU lips that scrape on humps etc. and they are easy enough to replace annually if needed. Spend the extra cash on toys you will use more, sport chrono etc :thumb: oh yes and welcome to the forum, hope to hear more from you. :thumb:

Ask for a test drive, and take it to the spots that concern you most!

Phil 997 said:
gtb5 said:

As Disco says a very expensive option box to tick for something that your wont really need , even if you lowered it a bit which you wouldn't while under warranty, its only the PU lips that scrape on humps etc. and they are easy enough to replace annually if needed. Spend the extra cash on toys you will use more, sport chrono etc :thumb: oh yes and welcome to the forum, hope to hear more from you. :thumb:

Yeah part of it is that I'm trying to cut down to only the "necessities" like park sensors and cruise control that are must haves for me since with the tax and base price is already 186K pounds.

s2000db said:
Ask for a test drive, and take it to the spots that concern you most!

It seems they don't really need my extra business here, I've left phone number and they didn't even bother to call back, with all the Macans and Panemeras being sold regularly so maybe they don't really another special of manual Cerrara without S.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back