Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Metropol Blue paint code?

ragpicker

Portimao
I've got a metropol blue hood coming for my boxster. Thinking of painting the wing mirrors to match but can't find a paint code anywhere.

Do Porsche do a metropol paint colour, or was it just the fabric? Anyone got a paint code for it please?

If not, whats the closest colour?

Cheers!

Strange. It seems the hood and leather interior came in metropole blue but not paint. Midnight blue?

Metropole Blue isn't available.

Dark Blue = 3W7 (3C7 water based) or 374

Ocean Blue = 3AY (3AZ water based)

Lapis blue = 3A8 (3A9 water based)

Midnight Blue = 37W (39CF water based)

When new I'd guess that the hood would have looked most like Midnight Blue but after a few years ............ :dont know:

ps. Great thread. :thumb:

Cheers guys, looks like I'll have to wait til it arrives and then see what it looks like in the sun. Seem to remember seeing a lot of blue hoods on Lapis cars.

I'm conscious that itll look daft - a silver car with grey wheels and a blue roof. Might need to do the mirrors to marry it all up... :dont know:

PS Terry - Thanks! :thumb:

If you end up using Lapis I know someone with a 996T that needs a roof doing. :wink:

T8 said:
If you end up using Lapis I know someone with a 996T that needs a roof doing. :wink:

Me too, and if he wanted I'd happily do it for him! He'd need to stay up here overnight though...

Anyway, he doesn't frequent these shores by the looks of it any more so the offer is likely to be lost in the wind... :frustrated:

ragpicker said:
T8 said:

Me too, and if he wanted I'd happily do it for him! He'd need to stay up here overnight though...

Anyway, he doesn't frequent these shores by the looks of it any more so the offer is likely to be lost in the wind... :frustrated:

72885-not-me-Im-in-my-prime-gif-Val-Tdsc.gif

I'll always be your Huckleberry :thumb:

Metropole blue is a fabric / interior colour
you can have metropole blue, carpets, leather and hood, but its not a body / paint colour

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back