Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F type jaguar?

wilpert

My bro in law is considering a cabrio as a daily, he likes by 981 bs but he seems drawn towards the 3 .0 f type, similar money I suppose.

He covers around 10 k a year and has a second car for family stuff, a BMW X5 so he's covered there.

The service intervals are 16 k as opposed to 20k on the boxster.
I was actually tempted myself at one stage but stayed with the Porsche badge.

Any views appreciated. :thumb:

F Type all day long over a Boxster imo..

3.0litre F Type has similar pace but with supermodel looks, go Jaaaaag... :cool:

C.

And residuals, not that I'd Let that be the main decider but one of the reasons I went boxster s over f type was that I cover over 15 k a year and I somehow felt the f type was a bit more mileage sensitive?

If you are 6 Foot (ish) tall, The Porsche is the winner, cannot get seat far enough back/reclined in an F Type .............. Just try!

My bro in law is about that height and a big fella. Tbh he's been in my boxster and likes it but he's more of a luxury car man. Although I reckon the 981 interior has come a long way especially with the extended leather and trim.

One of my Partners has an F-Type Coupe.

Looks nice, sounds lovely, but I got out of it thinking, meh.. No character and not that quick.

He's had it 3 months and already wants to change it (because it boring), I imagine he's lost a pretty penny on it too.

Its a 'no' from me. :nooo:

ragpicker said:
One of my Partners has an F-Type Coupe.

Looks nice, sounds lovely, but I got out of it thinking, meh.. No character and not that quick.

He's had it 3 months and already wants to change it (because it boring), I imagine he's lost a pretty penny on it too.

Its a 'no' from me. :nooo:

I made the same points to him, I'm sort of thinking he likes the Boxster S but doesnt want to be getting the same car as me. Although I personally think the Jags look really nice and he could be drawn by the looks over performance. I saw a red one yesterday and it looked pretty hot.
I also doubt that he would notice performance difference.

Maybe I will go with him when he starts his hunt in earnest and see if I can accidentally pass the Porsche dealership and draw him in.

I think

After driving an F-Type R I've got over any thoughts I'd had about one ever replacing a 911 in the family fleet but I'd certainly have one (even a 3 litre) over a Boxster.

981 boxster looks great. thought I saw a white 997 turbo coming towards me yesterday...got closer and to my surprise it was a 981 boxster.

i think jag has nailed it with the f-type but don't feel it has the long-term appeal and timelessness of a Porsche sports car. It will soon(ish) be relegated to 'just another old fashioned coupe' like the xk before it once more new and shiny things come along.

badlands said:
981 boxster looks great. thought I saw a white 997 turbo coming towards me yesterday...got closer and to my surprise it was a 981 boxster.

i think jag has nailed it with the f-type but don't feel it has the long-term appeal and timelessness of a Porsche sports car. It will soon(ish) be relegated to 'just another old fashioned coupe' like the xk before it once more new and shiny things come along.

:yeah:

:agree:

I drove an F-Type V8 Supercharged R last year and it was nuts due to the noise it made and it had loads of grunt but that was all. The build quality was fine but things I expected to be included weren't.

They have aimed the cars directly at Porsche owners but IMO it didn't really do it for me and if I did get one it would only be the R I would consider.

I had a test drive in 3.0 V6 a few months ago and was really impressed with it as a sportyish car but it didn't have the dynamic feedback I'm used to in my 911.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back