Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roofbox fitting

Ian.

Hi all, I'm going to pick up a Porsche roofbox tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice on how to fit it? I've found a guide for the roof bars but not the box. I'm hoping you just need to spin a handle and it clips on like the Thule ones.

I'm travelling two hours out my way, with my wife who already thinks it's a bad idea, so want to make sure I don't get stuck!

Thanks.

Ian

Just to answer this so it may help others.

The design of the 996/997 roofbox isn't as good as the modern boxes. You've got a threaded bolt with a square bit on the end that slides into the rails. You then manoeuvre the box onto the bolts which is a bit of a faff and then secure it was a plastic knob on the inside.

Size wise it's comparable to an aeroplane overhead locker, you can get two or three hand luggage sized bags in there.

Is going to be great for travelling with two young kids (1 and 4) and I can also mount a bike on the roof now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back