Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ClassicLine insurance dilemma

Will Statt

I know quite a few on here are insured with ClassicLine. A problem I've found though, is that they don't automatically cover me for a courtesy car. It's only a once a year occurance when the 993 goes in for her annual service, but PCT require cover for their loan cars, and I have to get cover. PCT do a very good job, and their only about 40 mins from me. This year Classic line have charged me £75 for two days cover on a Vauxhall Corsa, and I think I'll have to insure elsewhere next time at that rate.

What do others do?

Any other more accomodating insurers suggestions?

Thanks

Will

Get them to collect and return, do without the car for a day?

I've never had to self insure a courtesy car, so not been an issue I'm come across.

Never been an issue and I never take out cover for my Indy loan car. I get my wife to accompany me to drop the car off and again to collect.

I also use OPC who of course give me a courtesy car and their rates for minor/major fixed price servicing are a no-brainer so no premium for the courtesy car and a litre of oil given in the service price (ordinarily £16.00 to purchase).

My OPC is a 90 mile round trip. Indy is 20 mile round trip.

If you are near PCT then your nearest OPC may be Solihull and I'm sure they will collect and drop off free of charge. Worth asking them?

I'm pretty sure my Classicline policy specifically allows me to drive other cars. Worth giving them a call to see if they can do that for you. Mine is underwritten by ERS I think.

Admiral offer an agreed valuation. They are the cheapest on the market. I don't know why companies like Classic Line and the other small insurers get so much love on this forum. They are not price competitive. I paid close to £200 to insure 993 for a year with a 4K mileage cap, which I won't do anyway.

Have you not got other main car Insurance that lets you drive TP other cars? If so is this acceptable to PCT. My Indy will flat back collect/return for less than £75 :eek:

Classic line are competitive and offer free track day Insurance and euro travel and agreed valuation if you want the smoke and mirrors option etc. Admiral classic Insurance is I believe a 'new' thing and valuing at 25 bags it's I dare say worth a punt. I'll try them for a quote when I'm up for renewal. but don't like lumping all my cars into their multi car deal as I'm then paying out a big wedge in one go :what:

I use CL. 3 free named drivers. Free track day Uk cover. Free roadside assistance in Europe (not a total package but useful.) Agreed value and recent hassle free windscreen claim.
Always worth a shop around though.
Rog.

Zingari said:
Have you not got other main car Insurance that lets you drive TP other cars? If so is this acceptable to PCT. My Indy will flat back collect/return for less than £75 :eek:

Classic line are competitive and offer free track day Insurance and euro travel and agreed valuation if you want the smoke and mirrors option etc. Admiral classic Insurance is I believe a 'new' thing and valuing at 25 bags it's I dare say worth a punt. I'll try them for a quote when I'm up for renewal. but don't like lumping all my cars into their multi car deal as I'm then paying out a big wedge in one go :what:

What a twonk! have two other vehicle insurances, and I'm sure they'd have covered me for less.... was clearly not thinking straight at the time! doh! :oops:

highway said:
Admiral offer an agreed valuation. They are the cheapest on the market. I don't know why companies like Classic Line and the other small insurers get so much love on this forum. They are not price competitive. I paid close to £200 to insure 993 for a year with a 4K mileage cap, which I won't do anyway.

After your post, I thought I'd give Admiral a go.... quoted £797!!!!! But they said my car 'wasn't old enough' It's a '97... is yours older perhaps.

Looks like I'll be sticking with Classic line after all.

Will

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back