Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally, a well sorted car!

911MDN

Monza
Evening all

After 5 years of ownership I'm pleased to say I have pretty much come to the end of the improvement and mod list. With only a few small items left, it's a relief. It's been a long journey and a real labour of love. I have had many cars over the years, but no car has come close to giving the same amount of passion, pleasure and at times total frustration shortly followed by lack of funds!

I think I have had my fair share of bad luck with this car, but as the saying goes - if I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all! Seriously though, a lot of the cost has been my choice. I didn't have to upgrade and spend what I did, but looking at the car now and driving her home tonight, I'm so pleased I have. She's a keeper and I stopped counting the pennies a long time ago!

Here is a list of the work done in my ownership:

Full Hartech engine build and future proofing
New drive shafts and wheel bearings
New MO30 suspension kit
New top mounts
New anti roll bars
Wheel refurb by exel
New OEM discs and yellow stuff pads
200 cell X pipe cats
BMC filter
All coilpacks
Dansk super sound silencers
New wiper arms and PIAA blades
997 sport seat conversion
997 gt3 short shift kit
Retrimmed steering wheel, black alcantara with red stitch
Matching retrimmed handbrake lever
Matching retrimmed gt3 gear shift lever
Body colour paint centre tunnel black
Replaced all internal damaged or scuffed trim
New mats
Remanufactured calipers with new Pistons, seals, nipples, decals and painted
Respray front bumper with gt3 mesh vents added
3 X professional detail sessions
Upgrade lights bulbs
Headlight polish and laquer
Amberectomy

Plus usuals, such as tyres and servicing as Porsche recommend, brake fluid etc and a few other replacement parts.

Time to enjoy now and spend my money on my new track toy, I have attached a pic of that also for those who care!

Thanks!

Attachments

• image_462.png
    image_462.png
    649.5 KB · Views: 6,542
  • image_163.png
    image_163.png
    303.6 KB · Views: 6,542
  • image_106.png
    image_106.png
    643.8 KB · Views: 6,542
Thanks!

Yes, fully stripped out and great fun. I had a cab many moons ago and loved it. I just love the shape of them!

Looks like exel did a good job on the wheels. I've got the same and they could do with a referb. How much did it cost?

As said, stunning car. If I can get mine even halfway towards being that sorted over the next few years I'll be happy.

Cool track toy too!

I replied to your message this morning. Hopefully it's gone through ok?
:thumb:

Lovely. Must be a nice feeling.

Who did your calipers and was the price okay?

Got to say a lot of that work's on my to do list but looking to keep it factory standard. The total cost must be way above purchase price of the car but when you have your mind set on a high standard then that's what it takes.

Each stage of the work completed from anyones check list is hugely gratifying.

Does car get regularly used? I can see you have a weapon for the track, very nice it is too.

Thanks guys.

Yes I have spent considerably more than purchase price now! Whoops! However it's really addictive and like Steve says, each stage or mod gives a huge amount of excitement or a little bit more performance. I only use it 6 months of the year, so I tax it late spring for 6 months and use it as much as possible over the summer. In the winter, I tinker with it, do a full detail and save my pennies for when I put it on the road in spring. I have a cheap diesel to commute to work and carry tools etc.

I used custom calipers for the brake calipers, very impressed with the service and the finish was flawless. All in was £400, which is extremely good value considering some quotes I got. Highly recommend them.

Exel wheels did a great job, I paid around £550 I think. :thumb:

Thanks for the info; that is mighty good.

Will definitely consider that, although I would really like to do them myself.

Great garage line up you have there :thumb: a few years and no doubt many £££'s ahead of my 996 to do list, away from Porsche I have always been a VW man but got to love a sorted E30 track weapon 8)

What was involved in the 997 seat conversion? I've read I think that they bolt straight in, but anything else to consider.

Yes straight forward swap with 997 seats, you need to keep your existing seat belt tensioners though. My local Indy needed to adapt the electric harness under the seat. :thumb:

Thanks jezgreen911! The e30 is great fun and i love the old school cars of that era. I like VW too, had a cracking 25th anniversary gti for a few years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back