Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hard backs on sport seats?

clarkey979

What's the best thing to do with these?

The greyish paint is pretty lame and rubs back to black plastic far too easily. I got some touch up paint from the US, but not great.

What have others done? Are the plastic backs easy to remove - send off to a paint shop - what colours did you go for, try to stay OEM? Try and match the silver vent trim, much nicer.

Is it a good idea to take out the centre console and colour match to the hard backs - theme colour (ext body) - anyone done this?

Another bug bear is the rear leather side panels scratch easily!

Leather on the seats is brilliant, some of the other trim is not great, it's a shame

clarkey979 said:
What's the best thing to do with these?

The greyish paint is pretty lame and rubs back to black plastic far too easily. I got some touch up paint from the US, but not great.

What have others done? Are the plastic backs easy to remove - send off to a paint shop - what colours did you go for, try to stay OEM? Try and match the silver vent trim, much nicer.

Is it a good idea to take out the centre console and colour match to the hard backs - theme colour (ext body) - anyone done this?

Another bug bear is the rear leather side panels scratch easily!

Leather on the seats is brilliant, some of the other trim is not great, it's a shame

I'm in a similar boat and looking at getting my hard backs wrapped same colour as the car.

Wrapped, that's a good idea - more hard wearing? Anybody done this or coloured their seat backs on here? Pics?

Hello all, this is my first post although I have been a member for a year or two

I had mine hydrodipped in carbonfibre effect and had the sill plastics done to match

Will post some pics shortly

I'm in the same position, want to get the hardbacks painted to match the exterior colour of the car.

There is a thread posted on stripping these seats

Pics as promised hopefully!

Attachments

• dsc_0048_150.jpg
    dsc_0048_150.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 5,779
  • dsc_0051_778.jpg
    dsc_0051_778.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 5,779
philo997 said:
Pics as promised hopefully!

Looks great.

How much time did it take to remove the seats and remove the hardbacks etc?

Thanks

It was really easy to do,, I gave it to my local garage who carried out the removal and dipping etc whilst me and my good lady went off to Thailand for two weeks 8) 8).

Seriously though they said that the seats were fairly easy to pull apart it was the dipping that was a pain in this a**e

philo997 said:
It was really easy to do,, I gave it to my local garage who carried out the removal and dipping etc whilst me and my good lady went off to Thailand for two weeks 8) 8).

Seriously though they said that the seats were fairly easy to pull apart it was the dipping that was a pain in this a**e

Phil , those seats look very nice ,I like the carbon dipping and have some bits on my car also . :thumb: :grin:

philo997 said:
Hello all, this is my first post although I have been a member for a year or two

I had mine hydrodipped in carbonfibre effect and had the sill plastics done to match

Will post some pics shortly

That looks pretty good.

Could you find out which specific pattern they used on yours?
I am thinking of a change again, & like the look of that one!

I will be taking it in for an mot in the next couple of weeks, I will ask for the details of the pattern that was used.

What is the approximate cost for doing seat backs in carbon please?

They look good. I am guessing but do you protect the dip with multiple layers of laquer? I would love to get this done but am concerned about the wifes stilletto heels and those sill covers. :eek: I would hate to see them damaged after spending the time and money getting them looking so good. And no I am NOT asking the wife to not wear stilletto' s they make a good pair of legs look great! :lol: C'mon then, lets get the jokes about scratching the dashboard over :floor: :floor:

jl-c said:
And no I am NOT asking the wife to not wear stilletto' s they make a good pair of legs look great! :lol:

:useless:

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back