Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Illuminati look away now...

gunner

Sao Paulo
A couple more non-standard updates to my car this week courtesy of Precision...

Painted grill and chrome badge (as seen on another thread):

0VyTKsK.jpg

New front splitter:

zyfiNIH.jpg

I'm happy anyway...

I like it. Think the 911 on the rear look's clean and crisp.

Very good. :thumb:

Subtle changes that add to the look of the car rather than detracting from it.

I like a painted grill, but being odd I think a contrasting colour looks even better.... so 'dark' silver/grey on an Aventura?

I had mine colour coded to match the body a couple of years back. It looked good for about 6months before the heat got to it from the engine and started to peel at the edges. I ended up abandoning it and buying a new plastic grill, now back to standard

I do though prefer the painted look as it looks a bit more modern. If it would last I'd consider having it painted again :?:

graemeho said:
I had mine colour coded to match the body a couple of years back. It looked good for about 6months before the heat got to it from the engine and started to peel at the edges. I ended up abandoning it and buying a new plastic grill, now back to standard

I do though prefer the painted look as it looks a bit more modern. If it would last I'd consider having it painted again :?:

I had mine colour coded with my wheel centres (basalt black) that was a couple of years back ....... no problems so far ....... :)

Looks great Gunner! but obviously, I'd say that as I went the 911 badge route too... I like that it cleans up the rear end a little.

I also like that front splitter too and I almost went the same one when I got my respray... it's not too over the top but adds a slightly more aggressive front, any more and I think you need a spoiler at the back of some kind to balance it out, and I'm not personally a fan of the rear spoilers.

I also deleted the front headlight washers and got a smaller front number plate to declutter the front a little. You know I even liked the look of it when the front Porsche badge was off, but that was a little too far for me.

I also put a split grill on a narrow body so if anything is going to piss off the z Illuminati that will be the nail in the coffin :)

Nicely done Gunners...... makes it more yours!

Here's what mine looked like with no badge, no headlight washers and no number plate

I like, I have a spare grill which I have painted but never fitted as the one in situ is glued solid. I do have a spare lid as well so may get that painted at some point so I can change between the two.
:thumbs:

I still have the old grill and front corners so all easily reversible if I ever came to sell it.

aero kit

I agree that the aero kit splitter looks good and I think I prefer it to the more commonly fitted RS splitters!

Big fan of the 911 badge and addition of splitters - and along with those rare Sport Classics - your car looks excellent, well done! :thumbs:

Initially I thought I preferred the RS splitters but a few days ago, a 993 posted on the PistonHeads Classifieds, wearing the aero kit splitter, made me question which splitter I prefer:

Aero kit splitter:

jys8yNy.jpg

VgvVjMd.jpg

mMrliK5.jpg

RS splitter:

aEUHMWI.jpg

Can't go wrong with either...

:grin: :thumb:

Just remember to take some swarfega with you at the next meet in case you get tarred and feathered :what:

Zingari said:
:grin: :thumb:

Just remember to take some swarfega with you at the next meet in case you get tarred and feathered :what:

Luckily it colour coordinates with the car...

Looks nice.

Andy Madaaala had his grill done too I believe. Great looking job, really suits the colour.

It's a Yes from me :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back