Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"New" factory hardbacks, any colour

highway

Mexico City
Interesting thread on Rennlist concerning a chap based opposite the factory who can supply hardback seats, factory spec, using Porsche leather for $5.5k. Any colour painted backs and leather. Pictures look impressive. He seems to have whipped the 993 board there into a frenzy! Quoted one guy $200 for shipping to Texas from Germany which sounds reasonable.

Smoke and mirrors chum. I hope the heat over there hasn't boiled your head. :hand:

Where is he getting the seat frames from I wonder to make up all these sets :dont know: Sound more like. 'Lookie likeys'

ETA I've just seen them :eek: They are a 'modified' standard frame seat to accept his custom built hardbacks which can be carbon fibre.

Look like a bargain but Illuminati will be all over the frame with a Colini stick to check authenticity.

Although our US chums appear to have filled his order book for the next 12 months if I was in the market I'd certainly look into them at the price. New foam/padding/leather/heat option what's not to like :thumb:

I'm going to ask him him for a price for the covers to re-upholster a spare set of wide bolster 964 I've got in the shed

Hardly factory hard backs. Home made hard backs would be a closer description.

Aren't these the ones that have popped up a few times on eBay and were purchased by our very own jonttt?

It's a neat little enterprise for sure. I wonder what his margin is like on them.

I thought jonttt paid near £5k for his with carbon backs :what:

:hand: Come on Dom they look the dogs gonads and even some of the Illuminati will be drawn like a moth to a flame :grin:

Oh they're neat work there's no mistaking that.

The start of Zingaris post he's quoting smoke and mirrors. By the end he's ordering some is the old chap OK :?:

Zingari said:
Look like a bargain

Crikey. Still well over four bags, by my calcs. :eek:

Worth a look though - just in case. Any links to the fella's website?

I blame the heat :roll:

I couldn't access this thread last night due to a 'critical error, could not access database' and I did wonder if the Illuminati were at work trying to block access :hand:

These seats not for me old chum until I pick up my 993 for 25 bags first :grin:

I think the chap has an Instagram account :dont know:

:)

Here is my original thread buried deep in my journal :thumb:

There was a "story" to it as one turned up damaged but to be fair to the guy he replaced with no hassle or cost to me. He did sell a number of these on both German and English eBay some with plastic and some with carbon backs.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=517

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&start=538

Ps from memory I paid £3,500 for them and about £90 for delivery to the UK. Of course that was in the heady days well before brexit when the £ was worth X1.3+ euro :hand:

I considered jonttt's source but at the end I didn't go for it. Thought it would look too new for my 20-year-old 993.

IIRC the German source said he used 996 frame to make his hardbacks. I may be wrong.

Nope 993 bases used as you can see on my side by side pics of the bases

jonttt said:
Nope 993 bases used as you can see on my side by side pics of the bases

Yep and he 'adds' an additional bar to facilitate the (never mind the length feel the) width of the hardback design

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back