Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Museum !!!

bobi61

Silverstone
Hello,,,now I am totally hooked on my 997.1 C2S I am pondering a trip to Germany to visit the Porsche museum. I just wondered has anyone been and is it worth the trip etc etc

Many on here have made the visit to the Porsche museum in Stuttgart.
Have a look in the 'Trackdays, road trips....' sub-forum and in the meets and events section and you can read all you need to know, including travel routes, best roads, nearby hotels to stay etc.
Enjoy. :thumb:

A group of us went for the 911-50 exhibition in 2013 and had a great time.

Jump to page 7 on this link => 2013 Museum trip

As part of a trip to the Black Forest area it's one of the best things you can do in a 911. :thumb:

Make sure you work out where the entrance is to the underground car park before you get there :thumb:

If you can get the factory tour as well I do that so you can understand how beer and fags in work time help with the quality control. Finish off with dinner in the Christophoros Restaurant (top floor museum) as they have probably now restocked the wine cellar after our legendary visit.

Also visit the Merc museum. Lots of history, well laid out and a guide is essential to get the gis before exploring further.

Yes I've been and it was great. They rotate the cars around so it's nice to go back too.

I've also been to Leipzig for a factory tour and 90min drive around the test track there and that was pretty epic!

We are going on Tuesday (26th July) - can't wait!

The help and reads from this forum are a great help.

Just come back from a 2 week euro tour that included visiting both the Porsche and Mercedes museums and they are worth visiting.

I would say though that having seen both (Porsche especially amazing to see all the cars in their showroom conditions through the years) I would have no reason to ever visit Stuttgart again. We stayed there for 2 nights and it's pretty dull in all honesty. Had I not been such a lover of Porsche, as we all are no doubt, I would have been disappointed to have gone to Stuttgart.

One night only! :thumb:

Museum

Even my wife who has no interest in cars at all enjoyed it. Dissapointed this was her favourite car :dont know:

Attachments

• porsche_museum_resize_1_677.jpg
    porsche_museum_resize_1_677.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,222
phil84afc said:
Just come back from a 2 week euro tour that included visiting both the Porsche and Mercedes museums and they are worth visiting.

I would say though that having seen both (Porsche especially amazing to see all the cars in their showroom conditions through the years) I would have no reason to ever visit Stuttgart again. We stayed there for 2 nights and it's pretty dull in all honesty. Had I not been such a lover of Porsche, as we all are no doubt, I would have been disappointed to have gone to Stuttgart.

One night only! :thumb:

We did the same trip with my 9-yo son in September - stayed three nights at the "V8" hotel - a converted airport building with every hotel room decorated in a sports car theme. The hotel building contains : The Lamborghini, Bentley, McLaren agents, across the road is the Ferrari, Maserati and Harley agent. Also in the building are a massive classic car storage facility (anyone seen a Gumpert?) and a second-hand car dealer which deals in classics, Pagoda mercs, 911 and old BMW's plus many more. The Pikes-peak record-breaking GT3 was on show, and many, many others. We had a great time, one day at Merc museum, one day in Stuttgart at the art museum, and then the best - Porsche museum, with a one hour rental / test drive of a diesel Cayenne for about 100 Euros - bargain! The building also has a bar that serves pub grub, A coffee bar, and a high-end Italian restaurant. Highly recommended for a small car-mad family short break. BUT - highly NOT recommended if your family do not love cars, they will hate it. Enjoy!

Hotel pics : http://us.venere.com/ho328302/germany/boeblingen/v8-hotel-motorworld-region-stuttgart/

came past that way 4 weeks ago, allow lots of time , major road works and tons of traffic. and don't forget your green sticker, or is it now blue. fines are on the spot and heavy, especially motorway charges in Austria.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back