Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1979 928 value

scottaudis5

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum. Hoping someone can help me out. I have joined on behalf of my father.

He owns a 1979 Porsche 928 4.5 litre V8 auto coupe in Blue. He has owned the car since February 2016 and is now looking to sell it.

Previous to him purchasing the car it has spent the past 20 or so years in storage and not running. The car is still off the road but the engine runs. everything is original. interior is in good condition, just in need of a good clean. The paint work is in good condition and the underside is excellent. I dont think the car would need much to be road worthy other than a good service, new tyres and brakes sorting out and a good clean up.

Can anyone advise to what it would be worth and where would be the best place to advertise it for sale? Any help would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• 022_132.jpg
    022_132.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 6,559
I've seen them as low as £3k for a 'runner' given that a 'modest' sort out is likely to cost well north of £15k often surpassing the car's value in A1 condition :what:

Storage doesn't help especially when you're dealing with so much rubber and a water cooled engine.

There are some who say the classic 928 has yet to have its day and someone I know has bought several to use/store waiting for their moment. Personally I like the S4 last generation as it had better looks and spec although some like the rounded original.

Look on some classic car websites, eBay etc to see where they're pitched and more importantly if they sell.

The big question is if he bought in February this year why is he now looking to sell?

Best of luck and welcome :thumb:

:welcome:

It doesn't sound like much has been done to it since he purchased it 5 months ago so it's probably worth about the same as he paid. :wink:

Thanks your right not much has been done since he bought it. He hasn't had the time. Where would you recommend to advertise it?

scottaudis5 said:
Thanks your right not much has been done since he bought it. He hasn't had the time. Where would you recommend to advertise it?

eBay :thumb: Everybody looks there in addition to other sites

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back