Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New run around for Mrs Big25

thebig25

Well, the Cayenne had to be sacrificed to the mortgage approval gods. Bye-bye white whale, you will be missed:

27841760321_c2ed3d1834.jpg

So the hunt was on for a new car for the Mrs to bimble around in till we get through the house buying process and can get her something nice again.

I was thinking Clio, Corsa. she was thinking Aston AMV8, Bentley Conti GT, perhaps slumming it in a Maserati. We met in the middle(ish) with a budget of £4-5k:

28235903196_c84ca614f2.jpg

2003 3.0 Z4. Its a nice thing. pretty quick, handles well enough. Its not quite as good as the Z4 coupe we had a while back but it should be fun for her.

My word though, what a process to find a decent one. I generally like the safety of a dealer purchase so started there. I can't believe how poor some dealers descriptions of their cars are, and how shitty some of the stock was. I went to see one car that was described as 'immaculate' and I kid you not there was no leather on the seats, and a tree growing in the engine bay. All 5 dealer cars I looked at were horrific dogs with high miles and varying degrees of accident damage- all were top money too. All were displeased to have this pointed out, and responses went from blunt to plain rude. I have enough experience to appraise a car properly, and like to think I can spot a bad car, but I feel sorry for people who turn up at these places with no clue what they are looking at.

In the end I went to the private market and had a pleasant surprise at how much better the cars were. I got this one from a nice old boy who has looked after it perfectly with 64k genuine miles and full franchise history, and paid less (£4k) for it than any of the dealer cars.

Haven't had a convertible for a while so am looking forward to burning my noggin once the sun shows up!

That's pretty cool 8)

Reminds me of my old S2000, have fun :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back