Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

hang on, how on earth did these get to this level ?

A sheep in wolf's clothing! Crazy money. And 4wd too, meh.

My old turbo is for sale at RPM for £25k less. I know which I'd rather have by a long shot.

Crazy times we are in. The Brexit may calm things a touch. :wink:

It's only 1 of 3........which does not alter the fact there is no value in it at that price- it's not special enough.
It's like buying one of those 50th anniversary 997's when you could buy a GT3 instead.......and get some performance upgrade instead of floss....

Doubt Brexit will calm it, we are due an interest rate cut as we work out whether the political establishment will follow through and take a more worldly view rather than a cosy one. :)

Are they sure it is one of three? In Guards maybe, but seems very low. I would of thought

Back in 2011 when I started thinking about Porsche with a £25k budget, I spoke to Adrian Crawford and that budget would get me into a 993 and a 964!

The prices now have gone ballistic!

tyinsky said:
Doubt Brexit will calm it, we are due an interest rate cut as we work out whether the political establishment will follow through and take a more worldly view rather than a cosy one. :)

Are they sure it is one of three? In Guards maybe, but seems very low. I would of thought

Pretty sure its one of three in Guards I had a look at one about 5 years ago at £25k

your old turbo is looking well Mark

Still looks lovely Gaz yes. I bought it for £18k In 2007/2008 and sold it for £25k in 2012 after spending more than that difference on it with top end rebuild etc. Not sure I could spend £100k on one now mind but that's where the market is so fair-do's.
It has had a lot spent on it since my ownership mind.

Regarding the Celebration models, Viola is by far the best colour on them in my view although a red 964, in fact any 964 is always a lovely thing. :wink:

Marky911 said:
Still looks lovely Gaz yes. I bought it for £18k In 2007/2008 and sold it for £25k in 2012 after spending more than that difference on it with top end rebuild etc. Not sure I could spend £100k on one now mind but that's where the market is so fair-do's.
It has had a lot spent on it since my ownership mind.

Regarding the Celebration models, Viola is by far the best colour on them in my view although a red 964, in fact any 964 is always a lovely thing. :wink:
I remember when you were selling it Mark. You were posting on the 964 forum mentioning a figure of around £28k but it needed paintwork (not sure if I remember that it had had engine work at that stage) but I was not happy to double my sports car budget over the 964C2 Targa I was selling.
Maybe a big mistake on my part but very happy with my current motor although nothing, for me, beats the lines of the 965.
I hope everything has worked out for you and you don't pine for it too much - I know I would.

Hi Scho,
Yes that's right it really needed a full respray to be perfect, which it has since had and a full suspension refresh. I'd had the full top end rebuild including SC cams etc.

It is the one that got away. Nothing to do with values but I did a lot of memorable trips and things in that car. Le Mans with the lads, first date and Scotland tours with my girlfriend, now wife. It went in favour of the GT3 which was an awesome car but that had to go due to a not ideally timed house project coming up.

No regrets though. Life is too short for those.

You're right, nothing beats the lines of a 964T. Lovely, lovely cars. I hope the next owner enjoys it.

What are you driving these days then?

Marky911 said:
Hi Scho,
Yes that's right it really needed a full respray to be perfect, which it has since had and a full suspension refresh. I'd had the full top end rebuild including SC cams etc.

It is the one that got away. Nothing to do with values but I did a lot of memorable trips and things in that car. Le Mans with the lads, first date and Scotland tours with my girlfriend, now wife. It went in favour of the GT3 which was an awesome car but that had to go due to a not ideally timed house project coming up.

No regrets though. Life is too short for those.

You're right, nothing beats the lines of a 964T. Lovely, lovely cars. I hope the next owner enjoys it.

What are you driving these days then?
Glad you are keeping things real Mark!
In the end I sold the 964 later on as I couldn't bring myself to sell the first time round. A property project pushed me to sell and had a short fling with an E46 M3. The M3 just didn't cut it and found myself hankering after a nice Porsche Turbo. Aircooled was beyond my reach but was more than happy to land a very nice manual 997T :thumb:

But if anyone would like to do a straight swap of their nice 965 for my mint 997T then I am all ears :lol:

Ha, a similar path to me then. Cars are great and I can't imagine a time when I won't be obsessed with them, but homes and family come first. It's nice to have it all though which some lucky folk can. :wink:

I don't know how I missed your car details stated in your signature bit, ha.
Sounds very nice. Enjoy it and all the best. :thumb:

:hand: Ah yes but 964 Celebration are special :grin:

This is an interesting car for sale and I'm wondering if this is the 'lesser' Jubi as there was some dispute a while back whether a GR WB C4 was or was not a limited edition of the total 911 cars produced. IIRC such a car was owned by a member on here:dont know:

A number of WB C4 cars were produced ( to clear out the turbo shells given the recession at the time) but not designated Jubi so whilst this car has the correct rear lid badge I'd be more interested to see if it had the plakette on the rear shelf and what number it is as the ad doesn't mention it?

It's top money, but I've seen more expensive ones on the continent for sale, especially when £75k might buy mine :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back