Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anybody ever go from a Turbo back to a CS?

StephenS1

Sorry for the cross-post. I thought it would be a more appropriate question for here than the 'General' forum.

I have a lovely 997 C2s which I've been very fond of for the last three years I've owned it. However, I'm needing to scratch the Turbo itch but wondering if I get used to that kind of acceleration if I will ever be able to go back to something like a 991.1 C2S at a later date.

Does anyone have any experience of this situation, that is, going from a Turbo back to a less quick N/A car?

Thanks

I think it's all relative. Also if you got a 991 C2S with 430hp there isn't much between that and the turbo (depending on the turbo of course).

I own a turbo and I also own a Boxster. Even though my turbo is modified I still enjoy driving my Boxster so I think you could easily 'downgrade' later on.

isysman said:
I think it's all relative. Also if you got a 991 C2S with 430hp there isn't much between that and the turbo (depending on the turbo of course).

I own a turbo and I also own a Boxster. Even though my turbo is modified I still enjoy driving my Boxster so I think you could easily 'downgrade' later on.

That's interesting. I like the idea of having a Cayman GTS and 997 Turbo (one day in the not too distant future).

I was wondering if I'd still enjoy the N/A thrills so much if the warp factor of the Turbo began to dominate my driving experience.

I guess you've answered that one for me Isy. Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back