Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Capper's 996 C4S thread

C4pperS

As with all my previous cars I want to do a kind of Diary of my ownership.

I just think these things are good to look back on and monitor progress when trying to improve the car. I plan to share opinions on service Centres and parts/mods I do.

Hopefully some people will find this interesting, however I have to admit, it is purely self indulgent :)

Here is a picture after I washed her the other week just to get things started...

asGsv38.jpg

I picked her up at the end of march 2016 with 79,600 ish miles on the clock, I had her professionally inspected by Peter Morgan. A nice, straight, well cared for car, but a few minor age related jobs to do.

Options as follows...

09991 - Manufacture from the exclusive programme
425 - Rear Wiper
446 - Coloured Wheel Crests
450 - PCCB
567 - Graduated tint on windshield
692 - Becker 6-Disc Changer
C16 - UK Lux Spec
XSC - Crest On Headrest
741 - Unknown?? Possibly Sports Oil Breather? Anyone Help??
540 - Mechanical Seat Height adjustment - Right
539 - Mechanical Seat Height adjustment - Left
376 - 2way Electric Sports Seat - Right
375 - 2way Electric Sports Seat - Left
XSU - Lowered Drivers seat
XLF - Sports Exhaust System

I have a few things planned already and need to create a proper to do list so ill put that up when I get started. I'm on 81,000 now so feel free to chime in with any recommendations as to what might need checking.

Capper :bye:

Gets the thumbs up from me, I look forward to the updates 8) Lovely looking car that is :thumbs:

Sounds like a great plan :thumb:

I bought a c4s in September there, wouldn't trade it for the world!

Looks in amazing condition. Great buy. I look forward to the journal.

looks ace!! I've got an identical c4s sitting in my garage, mines got black turbo twists though. Excellent car, love her to bits!! The exhaust is my only mod with the k&n too. Be interesting to see what you doo.....

Thanks for all the positive comments guys :thumbs:

So far the cars had...

-New Passenger side AC Condenser. (Done FOC as per a purchasing condition)
-New front rigid brake pipes replaced. (Done FOC as per a purchasing condition)
-New OE over matts as the car didn't come with any.

To do list...

-Service. (Going Porsche Centre in Wolverhampton this coming Friday 15th July 2016)
-Change Polyrib belt for peace of mind as there is no record of this being changed.
-Need to sort drivers Side window regulator. (Regulator is fine but the spacer for the Boxster has been left in so window doesn't drop the last 20mm)
-Remove leaf debris from usual front bumper places and clean out run off gulley's.
-Sort issue with Head unit or CD Changer. (It wont read CD's in the disc changer??)
-Service and condition all interior leather. Pretty sure I'm gona need new door cards as parts of them make the car look like its last owner was BA Baracus. May just replace some bits with Carbon Fibre from DB Carbon, but we'll see. I'll definitely be spending some $$ there at some point :worship:
-Seat Backs Sprayed. (Not sure how yet but I have a few crazy ideas, it'll be interesting, put it that way!!)
-Transmission Service and check Diff Seals. (slight damp patch on one)
-Brake Calliper Re-paint.
-Alloys Re-furbished. (In pretty good nick but a few annoying marks from previous balancing weights inside the rim)

...and that's it really :roll:

As you can see loads of little bits, I intend to do a few bits myself but we will see.
For now the mods can wait (there will be some though), as I just want it how I consider perfect. But that's not to say that if anything needs replacing, it wont be replaced with superior parts :grin:
I plan on getting on track for the first time as well so we will see.

For now I'm just enjoying the driveway bling and getting out on the A roads :)

Thanks again for the positive comments guys!

Porsche Wolverhampton

So Managed to tick a few things off the list... but add a few things to it at the same time :frustrated:

The C4S went off to Porsche Wolverhampton on Friday 15th of July 2016 as planned, and was generally a pleasant experience. Slight delay in them sending me some paperwork but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that as received everything upon second asking.
They were very accommodating as you would expect, and I dealt with lovely people. Endless supply of good coffee, they let me have an office to work in whilst I was waiting, got all the benefits of the customer inspection ramp where I got to have a real good luck under my car for the first time and I was also shown a brand New GT3 that chewed a piston at about 3k :what:

I wasn't entirely sure which service I would be having as my service history is a little unorthodox, as in majors being carried out when it should have been a minor and vice versa. It was decided that a Minor service was best for my car this time. Which was an nice surprise as I fully expected them to be the opportunists and advice a major, the technician also discovered that my car has a Sports breather system on it which was worth about 1.5k new apparently??! Down side being it hasn't been installed correctly :roll:
The technician was very complimentary of the spec and said how it had some very rare options on it :grin:

So I managed to tick off the following...

-Service. (Going Porsche Centre in Wolverhampton this coming Friday 15th July 2016)
-Change Polyrib belt for peace of mind as there is no record of this being changed. (Advised not necessary)
-Remove leaf debris from usual front bumper places and clean out run off gulley's. (Carried out as part of the Minor Service)

But with the new bits to do my list now looks like this...

-Need to sort drivers Side window regulator. (Regulator is fine but the spacer for the Boxster has been left in so window doesn't drop the last 20mm)
-Replace Rear Spoiler Brake light Unit.
-Sort issue with Head unit or CD Changer. (It wont read CD's in the disc changer??)
-Service and condition all interior leather. Pretty sure I'm gona need new door cards as parts of them make the car look like its last owner was BA Baracus. May just replace some bits with Carbon Fibre from DB Carbon, but we'll see. I'll definitely be spending some $$ there at some point worship
-Seat Backs Sprayed. (Not sure how yet but I have a few crazy ideas, it'll be interesting, put it that way!!)
-Transmission Service and check Diff Seals (slight damp patch on one), at the same time replace front top strut mountings and front brake pipes.
-Refurbish Exhaust fixings.
-Clutch is apparently heavy so this will be replaced, and at the same time I intend to carry out an IMS Bearing upgrade, as well as replacing the rear brake lines and installing the Sports breather correctly.
-Brake Calliper Re-paint.
-Alloys Re-furbished. (In pretty good nick but a few annoying marks from previous balancing weights inside the rim)

So loads to do as usual and hoping to tackle a few little jobs this week.

Cappers

good write up m8. Keep us all informed of progress.

Lovely car :thumb:

Osh

Sounds good! Car looks very clean in the pic...:thumbs:

Care to tell us more about the rare options?

Osh said:
Cappers

good write up m8. Keep us all informed of progress.

Lovely car :thumb:

Osh

Cheers Osh, will hopefully have some more exciting write ups soon rather than dull maintenance :thumb:

Robertb said:
Sounds good! Car looks very clean in the pic...:thumbs:

Care to tell us more about the rare options?

I'll get back to you on that Roberth as I want to decode my options properly... I think he was mainly referring to the Sports Breather and PCCB's

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back