Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 6: 03 Jul 16 8pm BBC2

Porsche News

Series 23 Episode 6 of 6

In this episode, Matt LeBlanc gets his hands on the new Porsche 911 R whilst Chris Harris puts Honda's reimagined NSX through its paces. Chris Evans discovers old-fashioned charm in the somehow new MGB Roadster, as Rory Reid heads to Scotland with the first ever right-hand-drive Ford Mustang.

Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey and Man Down funny man Greg Davies are tonight's Stars in a Rallycross Car, plus a treat for the whole team, including Sabine Schmitz and Eddie Jordan.

p0400b7l.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXTRA GEAR Episode 6 of 6

Each week Rory Reid and Chris Harris will be getting in the inside track on the main Top Gear show, getting exclusive chats with all their fellow presenters, behind the scenes access to the big Top Gear films from that week's episode. T

hey will be joined by a celebrity guest each week and have bespoke VTs featuring Rory and Chris Harris, as well covering the latest news from the car world.

Top Gear - out on a high?

Good combination of features tonight. Especially enjoyed Matt's stint in the 911R and Monkey in the NSX.

Did the 6th episode of Top Gear leave the series ending on a high?

Attachments

• fxmyyxwegxro76nbsxbw_716.jpg
    fxmyyxwegxro76nbsxbw_716.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 9,519
I missed Monkey's bit, so annoyed.

I did enjoy the 911R bit with Matt but I would have preferred to see Harris drive it. Loved the joke with the sandwich though. Throwback to Friends.

There's a video in TG website of Chris Harris driving the new Alfa. It's like a Chris Harris in Cars video.

The last two have been good, superb films... think they need to try a little less hard to keep it as it was, the films have been great, the studio tat, well, they have been trying to copy and re-create, instead of making it their own.

Thin the presenters down, no need for so many, scrap some of the old script and next series should be good.

That 911 section though. Epic!

Apart from failing to mention that you can't actually buy either of the 911's featured, unless you want to part with a slice of wedge which is significantly over the list price...

6appeal said:
Thin the presenters down, no need for so many, scrap some of the old script and next series should be good.

Who should go? Eddie and CE :?:

That will do for me DRZ

Definitely ditch the Leprechaun, he adds nothing to any aspect of the show.

And lose the chunky Schmitz, for sure she can drive, but has no TV presence.

I think they deserve a go at a second series to rid us of the ghost of previous presenters.. I really enjoyed tonight's effort.

DRZ911 said:
6appeal said:

Spot on.

6appeal said:
DRZ911 said:
6appeal said:

Spot on.

+1

And also agree there should've been reference to the 911R being sold out.

Isyman- BBC iplayer? There's also a 911 bit on Extra Gear too

mikeluke said:
Apart from failing to mention that you can't actually buy either of the 911's featured, unless you want to part with a slice of wedge which is significantly over the list price...

Nor can you buy the NSX either as thats also sold out here.

And do CH do anything else bar drift cars around a track? Ive not seen his youtube stuff but thats all he seems to do on TG

Erm, better not check YouTube out then as he's toned down the drifting on Top Gear :grin:

I watched half the first episode ....... since then I have not had the urge to return ........ I might watch the rest on catch up TV five or six years down the line ....... if I am still alive ....... to be honest I really don't give a fck.

IMO with each episode the series has got better.

Last nights programme proved to me (not that it needed much proving) that doing away with the crazy road trip / stupid 'challenges' is the way to go.

Features on cars that few of us could ever dream of owning interspersed with tests of cars that we can realistically aspire to is what Top Gear should be about.

I can just about tolerate CE but don't see what EJ brings to the show. The rest of the presenters are pretty good.

Last night the NSX and 911R tests were superb and the Mustang feature gave a good view of what the Scottish Highland roads are all about.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back