Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some pics of my 964 and how I acquired it....

carkid

Sao Paulo
A friend of mine is fortunate in that he was born very bright, he studied maths at Cambridge University and then went straight to work at an investment bank in London. He did what all normal blokes in that position do and with one of his first bonuses in 1999 he bought a 911- it was from Paragon Porsche and had 44,000 on the clock.
He drove it for 5 years and took the odometer up to 54,000.
In 2004 he decided to take a year's sabbatical from banking to travel around the world....prior to departure he put the car into storage.
When he returned to England after his travels he immediately resumed
his banking career and the car languished in storage for a total of 10 years!
In 2014 he finally decided to get the 964 back on the road and paid a Porsche indy £7k+ to completely recommission it.
His career could only be regarded as very successful and he now spends most weekends in Monaco subsequently since getting the 964 back on the road he had done only 250 miles in nearly 2 years!- with the odometer now reading 54,250......fairly low for a car made in 1990.

Anyway, he is selling the house where he now keeps the 964 and when I saw him recently he made it clear he wanted to get rid of the car and he no longer had any use for it- despite already having a 993 which occupies enough of my time and money I could not resist buying it considering it's
low mileage etc and superb condition...

It's a C2 manual cab, silver with all black leather interior.
I had intended to just keep it a short while and flip it- but already I'm starting to bond with it- it drives lovely and despite my usual reservations the soft top has made a nice change as previously I've never had one....

Lovely car I know it's taste but I love cabriolets even with our weather 👍

Beautiful. Can we see some pics of the interior. Any oil leaks from leaving it standing for so long?

I'd put correct D90s back on although it looks very nice on the cups.

:thumb:

Attachments

• img_0138_618.jpg
    img_0138_618.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 10,014
Great story and history, so will the 993 be going?

The G Series & 964 do look rather lovely in silver, even more so than the over used silver that the following 993's and water cooled cars came in...

Some original flat mirrors and D90's would look superb and take the car back to its originality IMO.

Congrats on a great purchase. ;)

C.

I hear what you are saying regarding flag mirrors and D90's however I do think the teardrops and cups suit the car......
I've just looked at 964's for sale on Pistonheads and out of the first 10 cars listed 8 had teardrop mirrors- are all of these teardrop mirrors additions made after the cars left the factory?

She passed her MOT today with flying colours which I was pleased about-
Here are a couple of pics I took earlier-neither of which are very interesting:

Another 993 to 964 convert :thumb:

Illuminati wont like it :floor:

Zingari said:
Another 993 to 964 convert :thumb:

Illuminati wont like it :floor:

I don't know whether 'convert' is correct- I still have my 993.....
I can't really justify two 911's so one will have to be sold
at some point- what's roughly the considered
market value of this 964 if sold privately ?
I have no recent knowledge of a C2 manual cab similar to this being sold on the open market to use as a reference point......
Large history file, previously had new windscreen,scuttle fixed, new canvas hood, lots of invoices....54,000 genuine miles.

Cup mirrors were a later addition to the 964 (getting ready for the 993 I presume). I think it was 1992 that they were added to the 964 range, along with the Cup 1 wheels.

Nice to see ruffled leather option on the interior and an after market Atiwe Porsche Club Sport style steering wheel.

Enjoy :)

Chris

carkid said:
I can't really justify two 911's so one will have to be sold
at some point- what's roughly the considered
market value of this 964 if sold privately ?
I have no recent knowledge of a C2 manual cab similar to this being sold on the open market to use as a reference point......
Large history file, previously had new windscreen,scuttle fixed, new canvas hood, lots of invoices....54,000 genuine miles.

I'd pitch it £36k-£40k private. Dealer will probably look for £45k (if its mint) but there are several for sale (a lot of '92/'93 model which are better) and a wide spread of prices, some questioning the medication sellers are taking :what: and are not selling.

Mileage less an 'issue' with properly cared for 964 and whilst you cant tell overall condition from pics is it better than this one with the link to dropbox pics up with a dealer and taking offers on the 36 bags :dont know:

This 964 @£55k makes me question the substance abuse intake of the seller and sanity of who has made the 'offer' if indeed its not an hallucinogenic vision :eek:

Interesting-prices all over the place.
I think I'll take her for one or two cruises along the Norfolk coast over the next month or two and see how things go- either try to sell her then or wait until next summer.....I have to concede the handling is far better than I expected and I now understand all the fuss over 964's

Zingari said:
This 964 @£55k makes me question the substance abuse intake of the seller and sanity of who has made the 'offer' if indeed its not an hallucinogenic vision :eek:

To be fair, the sale advert has a great description and the photos are near professional. Really sets the car off! :wack:

fabulous Ben! Ill come for a drive with you out Norfolk way if you fancy... though not for a couple of weeks as i'm busy with other stuff.

Lovely car and great story :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back