Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight hi low adjusters

Prattie

Trainee
Hi All

Just completed a clean and install of Tors HID kit to the head lights no issues there but, theres always a but....

The adjuster within the headlights , operated by the wheel to the right of the light switch, do not adjust.

I managed to connect the plug to the light outside of its bracket (removed the female plug from its bracket), and there was a noise of movement from within ( only able to do this on the drivers side as the cabling allowed more movement. )

On reassembling the units the adjsuters still do not work, I guess it must be the plug not connecting enough within the light, any suggestions ????

Its not the switch otherwise tyhe re would have been no noise.

Steve

Do you know if the adjuster was working correctly before you installed the HID units?

Just had a look at mine, I'm wondering if you had to use the self-tapping screws that Tore supplies (for use with some of the covers) and if they are obstructing the headlight from making a robust connection.

Did you manage to identify the fault?

Looks like i have the same problem.

The headlight adjuster mechanism supposedly only work with lights on and engine running. If the T-LIGHT electronic unit is properly mounted using the supplied screws it will be of no problem. The installation manual also describes an alternative mounting method for those not having the mounting studs in the headlight bucket lid.

I often see problems in the headlight connector mating, this is most often due to misalignment or breakage in the plastic mount of the connector part in the car.

Cheers,
Tore

As Tore mentioned above.
I had the same issue when I fitted his kit.
it was the connector not seating fully.
In the end I connected it all up then went in through the wheel arch to fully push the connectors home - resulting in full functionality.

good luck :)

Hi again sorry so late getting back been to Le Mans

Interesting statement "engine Running" I bet most would just turn lights on on battery to check I'm sure I have. Dont undwerstand why though.??
Also interesting is the manual plugging in by removing wheel well protector. Ill give them both a go.

steve

I had similar issues. i noticed near side not working but drivers was. i removed both sides to see what was going on. When I put them back the near worked and driver side did not. I have spent a good few hours aligning the lights after a suspension refresh (cheated ride height) and these motors are very sensitive to the leads being connected properly and the placement of the ballast box that comes with the hid kits which can restrict movement.

I actually bought a new motor off eBay just in case one did turn out to be on the way out. There is one still listed if you need one.

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back