Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo intake cleaning

silvermilnec

Albert Park
Morning all, I bought a 2009 997 turbo a few weeks back, lucky me!

I like to get down and dirty and get every bit of the car clean, it never feels like it's mine until I've done it.
My turbo intakes inside have gone grey, I've been told it's common.
Anyone know of a good cleaning product to bring them back black or will they need to be repainted and if so is this easy to do?

Cheers

Cheers and here you go, it's the plastic inside the turbo intakes, they gone grey!

Attachments

• image_610.jpeg
    image_610.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,774
silvermilnec said:
Cheers and here you go, it's the plastic inside the turbo intakes, they gone grey!

Most should know what you meant mate, mine are the same so looking forward to the replies!!

If you can be bothered to dismantle them, get the offending parts out & give them a careful warm with a heat gun. It's a more permanent solution to greying plastics as it basically re-melts the surface & rejuvenates it.

Thanks for the replies guys! So any plastic restorer, off to the garage now to try👍👍 wife watching some rubbish on telly 😂😂

Gtechniq C4 will last you 18 months or more

symoonbeam said:

Thanks for the help, does the 15ml bottle go a long way?

silvermilnec said:
symoonbeam said:

Thanks for the help, does the 15ml bottle go a long way?

Yes - it will easily do all of the black trim on the whole car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back