Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Restoration

911dempsey

Hi Guy's,

I am planning to get my 1987 911 3.2 Carrera's body work restored, can anyone recommend anyone?

Many thanks

Mark :thumbs:

would help if you told us if youre in milan, monte carlo or manchester mate!! :grin:

Hi Zeb,

I am based near Huddersfield,however I am prepared to travel for the right restorer!

:)

Following a tip from someone here I went to Road and Race Restorations in Walkden. Rammed full of Porsches, and at the time restoring a 3.2 shell for Chester OPC in the same colour as mine, they are a Porsche approved bodyshop, and race them in the national champoinship.

As is usually the case, my 3.2's body was worse than it looked, and I decided to get new front wings rather than keep playing 'whack a mole' with the bubbles. They did a bunch of other 'while you are in there' stuff too, not cheap but left the bodywork looking like new, with perfect gaps and paint match.

Outside their unit, pickup day:

IMG_0335-1.jpg

Hi Guy's,

Many thanks for all your help, both bodyshops look great, I shall make contact.

Cheers

Mark

911dempsey said:
Hi Zeb,

I am based near Huddersfield,however I am prepared to travel for the right restorer!

:)

+1 for Road & Race from me

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back