Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 5: 26 Jun 16 8pm BBC2

Porsche News

Top Gear, Series 23 Episode 5 of 6

This week, Chris Harris is with the new BMW M2, Rory Reid retraces a historic journey against the clock, delivering the Jaguar F-type SVR to the Geneva Motor Show, and Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc head to Dingle to see whether the new Rolls Royce Dawn can out-class its ancestor, a 1976 Corniche.

The Stars going head to head in the Rallycross Car are Absolutely Fabulous star Jennifer Saunders and Great British Bake Off's Paul Hollywood.

p03z6t9d.jpg

EXTRA GEAR - Episode 5 of 6

In the fifth episode of Extra Gear, Rory catches up with Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc to talk about their Ireland film. Rory also takes us behind the doors at Rolls Royce HQ to see the new Dawn come together.

Chris Harris gives us another thrilling lap of the Top Gear test track, this time in a Porsche, and motoring legend Norman Dewis drops in to talk about his action packed test-driving career, including a quick spin in the famous E type.

p03zc1dm.jpg

Extra Gear is the better show but too short. Actually I'm starting to like TG again :coat:

Zingari said:
Extra Gear is the better show but too short.
+1

I am not impressed with for Rory Reid presentations skills and Eddie Jordan is not impressed with his driving skills either from the conversation between the two of them last weeks episode!

Let's face it; there is no chemistry between the new presenters in the way there was with the old three, so all you have is a series of reviews by people you may or may not like, linked by the annoying ageing ginger dick who still thinks he is presenting TFI Friday.

I'm hoping to get a slot as the established authority on valuing air cooled. especially the 'last of' :grin:

Porsche News said:
Chris Harris is the Star, Matt Le Blanc ain't bad as well

The other 4 just dont work

+1

Maybe that's why they have so many presenters in S1, they may drop a few for S2. :dont know:

Another (mostly) enjoyable episode.

For the first time I noticed a bit of frostiness between CE and MLB in the studio. Perhaps I was primed for it following the post on the other thread.

It annoyed me that they keep going on about the "1976 Corniche" to emphasis the 40 years between it and the Dawn. It was wearing a T plate so it must have been a 1978 car !!

I wasn't sure who wrote Monkey's script. It didn't seem 'natural'.

Regarding the Zenos. It was interesting to see how much/little it had changed since Roro and I saw it undergoing pre-production testing at Snetterton on our track day in November 2014.

Daniel said:
Porsche News said:
Chris Harris is the Star, Matt Le Blanc ain't bad as well

The other 4 just dont work

+1

Maybe that's why they have so many presenters in S1, they may drop a few for S2. :dont know:

I'm not really taking to Evans or Rory (I'm finding the latter a bit vacant and devoid of... Something. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's as if he took a wrong turn in the corridor and ended up presenting on the wrong show)

Harris is great but I'm not warming to his slightly grating "TV Persona" which he seems to have adopted. Or maybe even told to adopt by PR types or the producers probably. Much much prefer his natural presenting style as per his YouTube channel & Drive videos

T8 said:
Another (mostly) enjoyable episode.

For the first time I noticed a bit of frostiness between CE and MLB in the studio. Perhaps I was primed for it following the post on the other thread.

It annoyed me that they keep going on about the "1976 Corniche" to emphasis the 40 years between it and the Dawn. It was wearing a T plate so it must have been a 1978 car !!

I wasn't sure who wrote Monkey's script. It didn't seem 'natural'.

Regarding the Zenos. It was interesting to see how much/little it had changed since Roro and I saw it undergoing pre-production testing at Snetterton on our track day in November 2014.

I'd agree with that re the Zenos, looked almost identical bar the colour scheme. I'd love to see a more beefy version with bigger tyres / engine, dunno if that's in their business plan!

WTF was that "brain scanner" gimmick for the M2[3] vs Audi S3 test?

I like the bloke, but the set-up was fugging dross!

Roro said:
I'm not really taking to Evans or Rory (I'm finding the latter a bit vacant and devoid of... Something. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's as if he took a wrong turn in the corridor and ended up presenting on the wrong show)

I'm fairly sure that last bit is vaguely racist :dont know:

guy_goma-medium_trans++NJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.png

That was the poor bloke who was at the BBC for a JOB interview for a junior IT job, only to be mistaken for an IT expert due in for a TV interview and was ushered into the BBC News 24 studios for a live on-air news interview!

(No idea if he got the actual job?)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back