Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spacers - Worth it?

nigel99

Mexico City
Thinking of adding some spaces to the car as my next mod.

It appears that that 7mm front and 15mm rear is the way to go although 7mm and 15mm are small measurements. Would this make a noticable difference to the stance?

Are there any before and after photos?

Yes - it makes a nice (and noticable) difference to the stance - I've got 7mm and 15mm spacers front and back respectively.

:thumb:

Sorry, don't have any before/after pics though ...

DeathStar said:
Yes - it makes a nice (and noticable) difference to the stance - I've got 7mm and 15mm spacers front and back respectively.

This ^ but depend on your ET's you can go bigger for the perfect stanced look.

Boba fett said:
DeathStar said:

ET's?

nigel99 said:
Boba fett said:
DeathStar said:

ET's?

Nigel
its some small space creature that wants to go home :floor: :floor:
or
ET comes from "Einpresstiefe" in German - rim offset (actually "inset", literally)
take your pick mate :grin: :grin:

If your running standard Porsche alloys then 7 and 15 seem the norm
I only have 5mm all round as my alloys are wider than stock and thats all I could get in there :grin: :thumb:
make sure you get hubsentric spacers to avoid rattle and wobble .

7mm front and 15mm are the way to go! I know that some members have fitted 12mm and 15mm up front but it will depend on the wheels you are running. Not sure if there is any difference in the offset between Gen1 and Gen2 wheels,

Someone posted some pics recently, in the 'what did you buy for your 997' thread, but there are plenty of other pics on here!

I bought mine off eBay, around £145 for both front and rear including good quality plated longer bolts. I was really impressed with the overall quality of these, been on the car for over six months and the bolts and spacers still look fresh!

Really improve the stance of the car :thumb:

I have 15mm allround, on a lowered car with Gen 2 Wheels.

Sits perfect and improves the track.

7mm on the front is far to conservative IMO and is to little of a difference, also most suppliers say you can run the standard studs with them :nooo:

The front wings are rolled as standard on most Porsches.

Thanks for all the feedback, and I've also learnt some German which will be useful for phase 2 of the Remain strategy.

My wheels are Carrera S II in black.

nigel99 said:
Thanks for all the feedback, and I've also learnt some German which will be useful for phase 2 of the Remain strategy.

My wheels are Carrera S II in black.

Hehehe ... very good! :grin:

Boba fett said:
DeathStar said:

Yep - on my old 996t I ran 15mm front and 20mm rear :thumb:

yep..i did mine not too long ago..

think got the fronts and rear for £50 - no issues what so ever.. let me know if you need the links..

SamUK said:

think got the fronts and
for £50 - no issues what so ever.. let me know if you need the links..

The links would be great thanks.

Are they visible from the outside? I noticed that black spacers are available and I have black wheels. I also have black bolts (recently painted) so would all of these need to be replaced too, or just the rears?

nigel99 said:
SamUK said:

think got the fronts and
for £50 - no issues what so ever.. let me know if you need the links..

The links would be great thanks.

Are they visible from the outside? I noticed that black spacers are available and I have black wheels. I also have black bolts (recently painted) so would all of these need to be replaced too, or just the rears?

These are the ones I bought, mine were only £69, I'd ordered silver bit they only had black (with silver bolts), but they look great as it gives the impression the wheel is floating! Really good quality CNC machining and anodising too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-1...Bolts-5x130-/301809738800?hash=item4645432430

I would love to see some before and after photos.

I can't really see them making a difference to handling, but please prove me wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back