Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Different size tail lights?

Chris G

Trainee
Hey,

I recently bought a second hand near side tail light and went to fit it today, but its noticeably smaller than the one I removed. By around 3/4" maybe? Is there a difference in size over any of the models/years?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Off the top of my head the later ones don't have the full gasket around them and have a lower vent to help demist, these will look smaller.

Chris

The light I bought off eBay already had a gasket attached and was still 3/4" from the centre reflector?

But strangely, the light tinting kit I had fitted exactly to the smaller light? I think the kit was the one that the guy in the US sells on rennlist

The old lights have a rubber seal all the way around them, the new lights only have a seal on the end.

Hope that helps.

Old on top, new on the bottom...

Can see on them that the lenses are actually different sizes. The one that came on my car hasn't got the seal on in the picture

I don't think that's a 964 light :dont know: could it be out of an older model?

Thats what I was thinking, although the pre cut kit that I had fitted perfectly.

Ordering a brand new set from Porsche this week anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back