Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ContiSport Contact 3 N1 preference yes or no?

MNC911

That time of year again to put some new rubber on the alloys. I'm currently on the Continental Contisport Contact 3 all round. I found the rears wore out really quickly on the high speed runs back and forth on the toll road through France.

Any tyre gurus know if the Contisports are still the best option for high-speed temperature longevity or am I best going with a different manufacturer and model N rated tyres?

Something for everyone to get involved in the discussion as we have our own experience :thumb:

I'll chime in.
Michelin Pilot Super Sports are my only tyre choice. I know they're not n rated, but find them outstanding in terms of grip. Not sure about high speed longevity as you've described, but I'm sure other MPSS supporters will be along to cover that part.

OK so I've dropped into Kwik-Fit in Wilmslow today to review the latest tyre prices from them.

As follows :
Continental Contact 3's = rear £251each & fronts £180each
Michelin PS2 = rear £251 each & fronts £151 each
Bridgestone Re050 = rear £264 each & fronts £181 each

They are not selling the P Zero

Might be worth price checking Costco also as there is a cashbook offer from memory when purchasing 4 Michelins.

Costco? I'll give them a look and see what their selling? I've always thought them as a household cash and carry outlet.

Does anyone else know of some good deals about at the moment? All advice is welcomed :thumb:

Costco is a no go, they're only selling fronts in N rated not rears. :?

I had N-rated Michelin PS2's on my early 996 which were fantastic but I now have non N-rated PS4's which are stunning, way better than the PS2's in terms of wet grip and the front-end feel is slightly better too.

I don't have any experience with the Super Sports but I gather they're perceived to be very good.

It boils down to the kind of driving you do...

Paz said:
I had N-rated Michelin PS2's on my early 996 which were fantastic but I now have non N-rated PS4's which are stunning, way better than the PS2's in terms of wet grip and the front-end feel is slightly better too.

I don't have any experience with the Super Sports but I gather they're perceived to be very good.

It boils down to the kind of driving you do...

Mainly use the 911 for long distance A to B as it's more comfortable.

I've just been reviewing the top 4 brands and the EU has rated the wear a fuel as 'F'. However there's no reference as to how much an F rating is worse than an E C B Or A as a value

I think the ratings are useless, one brands rating is different to another brands so no two 'A' ratings will be the same, the only quantifiable one is the noise rating as that's noted in dB.

If you decide to purchase from Kwik-Fit I've been advised to order them online as opposed to the branch directly as you should see a generous saving. Worth a try :D

What about tyre leader? Some good deals on there.

Get in quick though before the ££ crashes on the markets as the supplier is ij Europe for tyre leader.

Contis wear well and comfortable. Not as grippy as michelins but does that matter that much? Only you know that answer with your driving style.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back