Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo LED front sidelights?

basildon993

Hockenheim
So I though that upgrading the front side light bulbs on the Turbo to LED bulbs would be easy, but it is proving anything but!

I have tried various CANBUS error free LED bulbs but the car always thinks the sidelight bulbs have blown. I have now tested some external ballast resistors which do stop the error, but I will need to splice them into the existing wiring loom which I am loathe to do.

Has anyone found any LED side light bulbs that just replace the original T10 501 W5W bulbs and don't bring up the error on the dash? :?:

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

Didn't Matt (Smith 749?) just have this upgrade done Rear LED's, LED sides and DRLs, thought you were going with the same - is it this that have thrown the erros, interested as I was going to go with the same on my 997.1 Turbo

vlad said:
Didn't Matt (Smith 749?) just have this upgrade done Rear LED's, LED sides and DRLs, thought you were going with the same - is it this that have thrown the erros, interested as I was going to go with the same on my 997.1 Turbo

I've fitted the Dectane rears, no problems with them. :thumbs: I'll get the LED sides when I decide which the I prefer.

I'm not changing the front indicator / sidelight units I just want to change the bulbs to LEDs. Someone else must have done it to a Turbo?

Martian said:
From memory, they look like the ones I bought. I checked my invoice and it shows part no. HL360, maybe give them a call to confirm.

Will do, cheers. :thumbs:

vlad said:

Yep I replaced the front DRLs / side indicators / rears with dectane LED units.

All working perfect / no errors / no faults - very happy with them.

Matt

So, problem solved at last! Thank you Martian. :thumbs:

I gave up on the cheap eBay 'error free' LED bulbs as all the ones I tried gave an error. Not enough added resistance I presume. :?: Ballast resistors did work with them, but would have meant cutting the loom.

Went here in the end, as recommended, and bought these:

http://www.autoledshop.com/product/led501-5-smd-canbus-top-side-view-pair/

They fit fine and they are very bright! A great match for the headlamp colour and NO ERRORS!

:D :D :D

basildon993 said:
Problem solved at last! They fit fine and they are very bright! A great match for the headlamp colour and NO ERRORS!

Any chance of a photo Basildon? :thumbs:

marconorth said:
basildon993 said:
Problem solved at last! They fit fine and they are very bright! A great match for the headlamp colour and NO ERRORS!

Any chance of a photo Basildon? :thumbs:

Yes picture please :)

might do this, pictures please. :D

Boba fett said:
Martian said:
Pleased you got there in the end.

Just ordered these, gotta love forums !!

Cheers guys :thumb:

+1

Thanks! Been trying to track down a set to fit for months!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back