Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lightweight wheels and wider fitment

coullstar

Singapore
Ive been looking at changing the wheels on the C4s as they appear to be very heavy. Ive run light wheels before on other cars and found them a lot better so Im looking at options for C4s/turbo.

So far Ive narrowed it down to OZ Alleggerita HLT's, Victor Innsbruck and possibly hollow spokes from the turbo. Keeping to 18in and ideally to use current tyres as well. I'll be keeping the original if or when the car is sold.

Im looking for opinions from those that have swapped to these or similar wheels and was it worth the outlay on there 996?

I mainly drive A&B roads in the car so looking for something to help with feel and help the suspension cope better.

For anyone interested here are the weight savings below for the 3 options when compared to standard C4s turbo II look wheels.

Hollow Spoke F = 2.25kg Rear = 2.6kg
Victor Innsbruck F = 3.30kg Rear = 4.00kg (8in/11in)
OZ Alleggerita F = 3.90kg Rear = 4.55kg (8.5in / 11in)

Ive found that most 19in like BBS CH-R / Sport Carrera etc are also lighter than the C4s wheels!!

Okay Ive found some wheel with following widths & offsets.

8.5in et53
12in et51

Im assuming spacer will be needed to help clear inner arches at least on the rear?

Ideally 10mm front and back is what I was thinking, maybe just 5mm on the back to match Gt2 wheels but would I get away with none for the moment without rubbing and 235 front 315 rear tyres?

What are the original weights of the C4S alloys?

coullstar

I reckon with 5 - 7mm spacers on the rear they will sit very nicely

I had 7mm before some fenderwell works and they sat nicely (12 x 19 et51)

Don't thinf fronts will need any spacers, or at least I ran none!

Regards FRP

What front width wheel and tyre size did you use?

I had a look and std front wheels are close to the front strut so might need spacer there. The rear looks to be fine for strut clearance but I think it will hit wheel liner that protrudes on the lower front section.

8.5 X 19 ET53 with a 235 x 35 x 19 tyre....all very tight but no issues

I run Blienstin PSS10 suspension, gyro disks and mostorsport 6 pot calipers but i dont think that will change anything?

Car is a 996 turbo

Hope it helps

My comment immediately is the rear rim of 12j - this will severely restrict your choice of tires. You ideally need to run 305 or 315 but in 18 the only decent tyre is msp2. If you are happy with them and only plan road usage then maybe not so much of an issue but if you want a decent tyre likes cup2 for example you can only get 295 which is the minimum on a 12j but better on a 11.5j

When we look to change wheels we alway start with what tires are available first and then work from there.

Ken

If you want light I am slowly putting together an advert for these..... BBS E28

Attachments

• img_3580_2_726.jpg
    img_3580_2_726.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 7,908
Thanks, yeah it will be road work only and yes Ive been looking at tyres as well as I realised that would restrict things. There are options in the 315 but very few.

Ideally I was wanting to use current tyres but the set with 12in are a really good deal and are coming with 997 sized winter tyres that could sell on to offset the cost.

I don't really want to muck about with spacers if I'm honest so might just wait.

dentmaster said:

Are those 19's , look like a nice wheel . I would love a set of 18" E88's.

neil allan said:
dentmaster said:

Are those 19's , look like a nice wheel . I would love a set of 18" E88's.

18's they live inside because my car lives outside!
Front: 8.5 x 18 ET56.
Rears: 12.5 x 18 ET45.

I know it's a differance model 911 to yours and they not wider. I highly recommend the OZ alleggerita. I'm loving mine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back