Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera GT Vs 991.2 S

6appeal

Watched the old Top Gear clip of the Carrera GT today... two things that were quite incredible:

1) It was 12 years ago :eek: (still looked modern) A little over £300k back then.

2) Whilst there were loads of incredible stats, little one was 0-60 of 3.9 seconds, the same as a mere Carrera S. I wonder what Stig lap time a Carrera S would achieve!!!???

Selling at £600k now... couldn't begin to imagine what it must be like to drive. But amazing how time and car advances move forward and supercar performance of yesteryear works its way down the food chain.

Yes, pretty amazing the march of technological advancement in a relatively short time-frame.

The GT had the guts of 560 bhp, so fantastic that a 991.2 with 190bhp less can match the 0-60mph time. :thumb:

I was lucky enough to drive a Carrera GT in 2012. I was working on a yacht and the owner had one. He brought it with him to the yacht in the south of France. So every time the yacht moved the car needed to follow. The owner asked the captain to find a member of the crew who owned a Porsche to drive the car. So yours truly got the job. I drove it half a dozen times for some long drives of 80 miles or so. Quite incredible car. Everyone would stare, everyone. Old people, young people, dogs, cats!

It has 608hp I believe and possibly the best soundtrack ever. My favourite drive was from St Tropez to Antibes. I took it first thing in the morning and drove along the coast before heading up into the hills on some of the best roads I've ever driven. Roof out, sun shining. We had a Top Gear style race against the boat (boat won).

Fantastic experience.

I think the Carrera S may have the same 0-60 because of turbos and launch control and in reality the GT is a tricky car to get off the line but once it's going it's a monster. There's a video of a GT2RS racing against a Carrera GT in the Nurburgring. Will give you an idea of the capabilities in the right hands.

c5265411.jpg

d6a8334c.jpg

Found it

Wow, very jealous! Brilliant. Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back