Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New car almost here - BMW 340i M-Sport

Mole

Spa-Francorchamps
With the birth of my little one (first child - 3 weeks old), I've opted to get a 'potent enough' family motor to save having to faff about with car seats in the Turbo.

I ordered at the end of March and have been receiving the excellent updates from BMW all through the build process at the factory (high recommended as something for other manufacturers to do) to the point the car is now in the UK and heading to the dealers.

Getting quite excited now - looking forward to trying the 4.8 0-60 time out and hearing the pops and bangs on the overrun. :thumbs:

BMW say only about 5% of people will opt for the 340i - not sure if that is a good or a bad thing... Hope it's going to live up to expectations... Pick it up Saturday all being well.

The 996T and 340i will make a lovely combination. What colour did you go for?

I looked at Bimmers.

I got very tempted by the BMW 4 series but decided to go for another Porsche because our other car is a Range Rover and it seemed like 2 big cars in one household.
So ended up with a Boxster instead. (no kids sticky fingers or feet all over the seats :lol: )

I do feel that you get a lot of car for the money with the BMW's and the 340 covers all bases, performance, looks, family car etc.

What colour combo you gone for?

elan said:
The 996T and 340i will make a lovely combination. What colour did you go for?

Managed to negotiate 24% off the list price, despite it being a fresh factory order, so I was fairly liberal with the extras!

It's the M-sport only, intelargos blue. Opted for black leather in defence of sticky kid fingers. Went for most packs incl M-sport plus for the brakes etc; it has the adaptive suspension but I have firmly avoided the active steering.

Manual or auto was a huge debate, but as it's going to be a 'daily' (5k or so a year) I opted to go auto for the old-man waft-ability; and I've always got the Turbo for my manual thrills.

Thats a flipping good discount whatever way you look at it, that should take plenty of care of year one depreciation.

I don't know how they do that, I fought with Porsche and managed 12% on an on the forecourt new model but even then i had to listen to the manager crying like he'd lost his teddy, telling me "this is the first time we have ever given 12 % off of a new car" - made me sad it did :)

Is the auto the paddle shift type controls?

I too like an auto and I think now that PDK is here people no longer see it as a soft option, it's more sporty than comfy if you know what I mean, although your 5k a year is sod all really, I do near 15k in my Porsche and have done for the last 5 - 6 years and thats mixed use driving not just motorways.

Get a good car, use it, enjoy it :thumb:

Yep, the auto is paddles; or you can use the gearstick like a sequencial and knock it forward and back to go up and down gears.

Just been contacted by the dealer - there is a new M-Performance and sound kit that has been released today which gives 500nm of torque (up from 460 I think) and a switchable exhaust.

Very tempted and I'll see if they will be willing to throw it in for free (yes, I know I'm being hopeful) but I'm such a soft touch for these things.

/glances at 9e exhaust and acknowledges being a sucker for a lovely soundtrack.

Mole said:
Just been contacted by the dealer - there is a new M-Performance and sound kit that has been released today which gives 500nm of torque (up from 460 I think) and a switchable exhaust.

Very tempted and I'll see if they will be willing to throw it in for free (yes, I know I'm being hopeful) but I'm such a soft touch for these things.

/glances at 9e exhaust and acknowledges being a sucker for a lovely soundtrack.

Rude not to :)

What's the list price of your fully loaded 340i? Will probably make those of us who have got too used to Porsche prices wince :wink:

MJA911 said:
What's the list price of your fully loaded 340i? Will probably make those of us who have got too used to Porsche prices wince :wink:

Probably best not to think about it... especially as I just said yes to the M-Performance kit! :hand:

Here's what it will sound like: https://video.citnow.com/vtnkB4md_rm

Collected the car today - it is pretty great - better than I was expecting to be honest.

The noise and extra shove of the M Performance and Sound pack really adds something. The crackles and bangs on the overrun are something else. Rivals the 9e exhaust for volume too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back