Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pagid RSC1 pads

Fastfishracing

Trainee
Hi All,

I got my car on 52k miles and the (original) pads were on 8mm (believe they are 10mm from new). After the 13k I've done in a year, 900 or so of which have been on track, they are down to 3mm. I realise I should have changed them earlier already..

On the Porsche inspection I had done when I got the car, they said the discs had no noticeable signs of wear and to me I can't see any wear now so that's all good.

I realise that if I continue to do lots of trackdays, the sensible thing might be to swap to steels, but I like the way these feel and love the almost zero brake dust haha!

Has anyone tried the Pagid RSC1's on their 997.2 PCCB's yet? I'm interested to know how they are in terms of wear on the pad and disc, if the feel similar to standard pads and if they are noisy.

Or any alternatives you might recommend.

Thanks
Jon

Fantastic that your discs don't seem to wearing much. Hope those Pagids are as kind to them as the OEM ones!

spyderman said:
Fantastic that your discs don't seem to wearing much. Hope those Pagids are as kind to them as the OEM ones!
Wise words.

I think after all I'm going to go with standard pads as they have been great on road and track, and been kind to the discs!

2 different OPC's are telling me £1100-£1300 yet design911 are showing £780! Is that possible that Porsche want that much more for the same thing? Is there anywhere else I can check?

Thanks
Jon

Fastfishracing said:
2 different OPC's are telling me £1100-£1300 yet design911 are showing £780! Is that possible that Porsche want that much more for the same thing? Is there anywhere else I can check?

Is that a fitted price? If an OPC does the job, it is not only the pads and rather expensive labour charges, but they will also replace the calliper bolts (the rear pads can't be changed without replacing them and they are recommended to be replaced every time they are removed as they are stretch bolts), pad wear sensors, anti-rattle shims and possibly the spring clips and retaining pins too. Those extra components at OPC prices do ratchet up the price a chunk.

It is also likely a fixed "menu" price and might not be linked to individual component prices at any given time. Though that said - the price difference between even using an independent and doing it myself was very tangible...

spyderman said:
Fantastic that your discs don't seem to wearing much.

Note that the OP has a 997.2 3.6 - extremely rare for one of those to have ceramics. The salient point though is that the majority of cars with PCCB (and the source of all the premature failure stories that I have ever seen) are Turbos, GT3s, GT2s and RSs, all featuring somewhat more power than the 345hp gen2 Carrera (and resultant terminal speeds, to which energy dissipation follows a square law). People with Ceramic clad Caymans and Boxsters also anecdotally seem to get much, much better rotor life with PCCB, presumably for the same reason.

Hi Colin,

Indeed, rare for a base Carrera to have PCCB's and as much as I'd love the power of a GT3 or Turbo, at least my rotors should last a while!!

One OPC quoted £1100 just for pads, or £1600 fitted.

The other gave me a price of £1345 including "fitting kit" (wear sensors and anti-rattle shims were mentioned so will check about bolts before ordering). Fitting was £297.

I'm more than happy to change the pads myself to save the labour. So does the price for all that look reasonable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back