Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

M030 suspension?

cbr6dc

Montreal
What is it and how do I know if I have it?? I can't find any info on it.

Is it an upgrade? Can I have normal suspension and fit M030 suspension in a straight swap or do I have to change more things to suit?

It is the code Porsche give to the optional sports suspension. For the 996 it consists of springs, dampers and anti-roll bars.
The ride is lowered, but only by about 10mm, and the ride is firmer when compared to standard suspension.
It is in theory possible to tell,if you have it fitted by the coloured dots on your springs but you may not be able to see them. If it was fitted from new then it should be on the sticker under the bonnet.
It can be easily fitted to a car, although when fitting it would make sense to also change things like top mounts, drop links, coffin arms etc as these are likely to be passed there best.
I replaced the standard suspension on my 996 with a full MO30 kit a few years ago and am really pleased with the improvement.

Thank you for the explanation. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back