Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo at 911Virgin.

If I was buying one of these cars now I would visit all the approved dealers and ask to be put their "waiting list" to ensure you are fist in line. That's more than likely what happened here.

apollokre1d said:
If I was buying one of these cars now I would visit all the approved dealers and ask to be put their "waiting list" to ensure you are fist in line. That's more than likely what happened here.
I did this with two well known Indy's and never received one call. One even had a car come in that matched my criteria but I must have been way down on any list that they may or may not have kept!

Find a good private car and invest the difference in wine, women and song :thumb:

That's surprising... glad it worked out for you though :)

Dealers/traders don't seem to bother calling people up of on lists! I tried this approach and didn't receive a call from anyone.

Good manual 997 turbo cars come up for sale and are sold within hours at full asking price, so no need for dealers/traders to do anything. Market is crazily strong on these right now.

apollokre1d said:

I did this with Paragon and was told I was "seven or eight" on the waiting list for a manual 997.1 turbo coupe!

It was a similar story at Harbour Cars, although they have since rung me to ask if I had found a car, I had, and they then offered to buy it should I ever wish to sell!

I was told by two dealers that the market for the manual cars is "ferocious" at the moment. There is a massive supply and demand problem which is just pushing the prices up. I'm glad I've got mine now. :)

Chrispm355 said:
Dealers/traders don't seem to bother calling people up of on lists! I tried this approach and didn't receive a call from anyone.

Good manual 997 turbo cars come up for sale and are sold within hours at full asking price, so no need for dealers/traders to do anything. Market is crazily strong on these right now.

Is it just me, but if a car is selling straight away at the asking price then it is surely underpriced in the current market?

BTW I bought mine within hours of it being advertised and paid the full asking price! :)

basildon993 said:
Is it just me, but if a car is selling straight away at the asking price then it is surely underpriced in the current market?

BTW I bought mine within hours of it being advertised and paid the full asking price! :)

Is it the Meteor grey car in Sussex you purchased? If it is then I tried to view the car morning after the day it was advertised and it was sold. You did well. He said that he had huge amount of interest and could have easily achieved a lot more!

elan said:
basildon993 said:

Is it the Meteor grey car in Sussex you purchased? If it is then I tried to view the car morning after the day it was advertised and it was sold. You did well. He said that he had huge amount of interest and could have easily achieved a lot more!

Yes, it was me. Sorry! I had been looking for one for a while and then the car popped up just 4 miles from my house! :eek: Right place, right time I guess. I was there within 15 minutes and the deal was done. His phone was ringing off the hook during the viewing!

basildon993 said:
Yes, it was me. Sorry! I had been looking for one for a while and then the car popped up just 4 miles from my house! :eek: Right place, right time I guess. I was there within 15 minutes and the deal was done. His phone was ringing off the hook during the viewing!

Don't apologise you did well, it was a good buy :thumb: . Everyone said to be patient and one will show up but the only issue was that the price was getting higher for each one that appeared. I got mine now so it's all good.

Martian said:
Chrispm355 said:
.....Good manual 997 turbo cars come up for sale and are sold within hours at full asking price......

Great, mine's going up for sale at £100K! :D

Hmm, that may be pushing it? LOL. :lol:

It would be interesting to see how quickly it would take a manual car to sell if advertised at say £60k???

(And I thought all these "how much is my car worth?" threads were only to be found on the air cooled forums! :lol: )

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back