Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996TT & RS29 brake pads

hacka1979

I've never been very impressed with the performance of the stock brakes since I bought the car and a couple of friends who have driven it have said it's bordering on dangerous since I had it mapped etc!

So after reading a few posts on here, I decided to install the Pagid RS29 (yellow) pads. I can honestly say that the differece vs. stock is HUGE. The brakes now bite much more aggressively even from cold and car now stops with no drama over and over again. I don't track it at the moment but there was no fade or vibration even under very heavy road use :)

Only slight annoyance is that they seem to sqeual under light braking when hot and I also have a very light scraping noise which can be heard when the windows are down and which seems to be worse when turning left. Seems to be coming from the front passenger wheel :?

The discs have a few 1,000 miles on them already so I'm hoping both these issues will get better over time as the pads wear in.

Yep, they are epic! I did the pcgb Anglesey track day on Saturday and the brakes were fantastic. Fabulous modulation and stopping power, I'm not planning on going back to stock anytime soon :hand:

They do squeal a bit but there are ways to mitigate this. They seem to last well too.

A great brake pad :thumb:

In my experience of using race pads on both track only cars and road and track cars, unless you give the pads a regular hard workout, the squealing is going to remain and probably get worse unfortunately. They never squealed on my track only cars but did on my road and track cars.

I'm currently having to put up with EBC Red Stuff fitted by the previous owner. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back