Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noisy fan

davidjf7

Imola
Just wanted to share an experience I had with my 997 this week in the hope that it may help anyone else who has the same situation.

Noticed that my driver's side fan was working flat out (very noisily) even though the car wasn't up to temp, with the near side not working at all.

Quick google suggested the near side fan was possibly blocked with debris, with the off side fan therefore working hard to compensate.

So last night I removed the 3 fixings in the wheel arch and the four under the front PU (in front of the wheel). This enabled me to get my hand in behind the cover via the wheel arch to manually turn the fan. Sure enough a couple of large stones came out, and all is now good.

FYI I managed this access without jacking the car up or removing the wheel, I just turned the steering full left, which provided just enough room :thumb:

davidjf7 said:
Just wanted to share an experience I had with my 997 this week in the hope that it may help anyone else who has the same situation.

Noticed that my driver's side fan was working flat out (very noisily) even though the car wasn't up to temp, with the near side not working at all.

Quick google suggested the near side fan was possibly blocked with debris, with the off side fan therefore working hard to compensate.

So last night I removed the 3 fixings in the wheel arch and the four under the front PU (in front of the wheel). This enabled me to get my hand in behind the cover via the wheel arch to manually turn the fan. Sure enough a couple of large stones came out, and all is now good.

FYI I managed this access without jacking the car up or removing the wheel, I just turned the steering full left, which provided just enough room :thumb:

Good tip David :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back