Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It just gets better everyday

stevepen

I got my mine about a month ago as there was no history that came with the car I've slowly changed all the filters and oil and lots of other little jobs like greasing all the door hinges etc. And much more on the To Do List.

But I think the main thing that's bringing the car to life is that its used every day. Looking online at the past MOT's its only covered 20k miles in the last 10 years. That's only 2k miles a year, where I've done 1500 miles already. These cars need to be used!

stevepen said:
I got my mine about a month ago as there was no history that came with the car I've slowly changed all the filters and oil and lots of other little jobs like greasing all the door hinges etc. And much more on the To Do List.

But I think the main thing that's bringing the car to life is that its used every day. Looking online at the past MOT's its only covered 20k miles in the last 10 years. That's only 2k miles a year, where I've done 1500 miles already. These cars need to be used!

Steve your spot on, these cars are supposed to be driven and actually run better the more you use them. enjoy using it like it should be used :thumb:

They also love being driven hard.

I find giving her a good blast after a week or two of pottering about town and sitting in traffic makes the car feel more alive and together!

Leon1davies said:
They also love being driven hard.

I find giving her a good blast after a week or two of pottering about town and sitting in traffic makes the car feel more alive and together!

*remembers excuse* ;)

Daily driver for me. Been a smile a mile the last two years.

Drive it like you stole it. Mine hates toodling along around town and chomps at the bit at 30mph and starts to come to life 40+ with an open road in front of her.

stevepen said:
But I think the main thing that's bringing the car to life is that its used every day. These cars need to be used!

100% agree.

Prolonged periods of storage or irregular use do not help any car - seals dry out, rubber hardens, joints go stiff, oils and fluids suffer condensation, batteries decay, trapped moisture causes corrosion, etc. So a daily work-out is the way to go in terms of keeping the car working at its very best. :lol:

Another funny thing yesterday. Went out in the car with the wife and it was only the second time she's been, before being the day I collected it. She immediately said how quite it was. Then I remembered that on the day I got the car it creaked and groaned and I told her that they just do that when the suspension bushes go brittle. Now nothing, so I take it with a bit of use the bushes soften up again.

Everyone in the group I did 1000 miles+ in 4 days with recently has reported that since then they've never known their car feel so good to drive.

It's cheaper than a service and seems to give a better result.

It's more fun too. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back