Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

N24 this weekend

Senoj

Dont miss this one. Lots of Porsches! Currently hunting for a livestream. ADAC site has one but would prefer English commentary, maybe turn the sound down and follow the radio le mans one..

WTCC is the support race.

For years of saying "next year I'll be there" this year I will be and I'm really looking forward to it.

As I'm not usually there, I do have a word document with links for all the streaming sites which I drag out each year, I can't remember which one is best but I'll post up all the links if I remember tomorrow.

Loving the look of the new 911 GT3 R.

infrasilver said:
For years of saying "next year I'll be there" this year I will be and I'm really looking forward to it.

:?

I thought you were at Donington this weekend.

:wink:

Its an awesome event and been a few times. Prefer it to le mans as less.commercial and more intimate.

Some of the set ups and camps the Germans build is just amazing. Spoke to one lot who had built a Bavarian wood tavern/kneipe complete with optics and a stage who had been there for ten days. It was an awesome sight.

That was before the racing started. You can walk for miles from the old village down past the old pits and just keep going through the hatzenbach. Amazing.

Forecast seems to be for constant drizzle with occasional flashes of sunlight at the moment - standard Eiffel then. Much metal will surely be bent.

I will be at the Nurburgring on Sunday for a few hours. I can't remember which garage I'm in but I'll post when I find out.

MC

Good resource page to follow the race

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/05/24/2016-nurburgring-24-hours-resources.html

The new, new 2017 911 GTE won't be there unfortunately. There is some speculation that the new RSR successor that was launched a few weeks ago may not actually have an engine in the rear....:eek: hence why there were no photos of the rear end of the car when it was being first shown at earlier this month.

It looks like I must of culled some of the links from my viewing list as all I have left are the live stream from this site http://www.24h-rennen.de/en/ and I must of listened to RadioLM for the commentary as Senoj says. The rest of the links I had must of been flaky.

I think Porsche and Audi have live onboard for the whole race.

This just popped up in my feed, a Vodaphnoe live stream but I'm unsure if it will be live on raceday or any different to the Rennen site?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHO-LpY3Qqc

My best solution thus far....

Quali is on now btw.

Go to the radio le mans website and navigate to the live stream, no commentary.

Then tune into radio le mans commentary via tune in app or something similar.

Works a treat! As its the same feed the commentators get :thumb:

even easier was go straight to Youtube and type in Nurburgring 24 hours 2016, and the first item up was a TV-stream with Radio Le Mans commentary.

I watched about 6 hours and listened to maybe another 2 - very exciting race and one I'd like to go to - perhaps in 2017.

Funny thing - there were almost no Italian case, unless you count the (Audi R8 ) Lambo Huracan.

Mercedes ran superbly and the M6 drivers had a lot of bad luck with one thing and another.

The Radio Le Mans commentary really makes races like this come alive - those guys are the best race commentators in the business, imho.

tim993 said:
even easier was go straight to Youtube and type in Nurburgring 24 hours 2016, and the first item up was a TV-stream with Radio Le Mans commentary.

I watched about 6 hours and listened to maybe another 2 - very exciting race and one I'd like to go to - perhaps in 2017.

Funny thing - there were almost no Italian case, unless you count the (Audi R8 ) Lambo Huracan.

Mercedes ran superbly and the M6 drivers had a lot of bad luck with one thing and another.

The Radio Le Mans commentary really makes races like this come alive - those guys are the best race commentators in the business, imho.

For some reason that wasnt working earlier in the week? Missed the end unfortunatley... 1,2,3 and four for Mercedes!

Too tough a race for a Ferrari :D

I managed to drop by, but only for an hour or so.

Got to see Infrasilver as well.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back