Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help what is the little switch on the mirror with pdls

wilpert

Indianapolis
Ive recently bought a 981 Boxster S and ?im trying to work my way around the controls.

This car has PDLS and that includes a camera on the rear view mirror.
There is a little switch on the bottom of the mirror that switches on a little orange light that i suppose is what tells you its switched on.

What is this switch for, is it switching on the pdls camera?

Sorry if the question is confusing :dont know:

Agreed, I've adopted a different approach - it's called trial and error.

I also learned that the pasm doesn't automatically go into sport mode when you press the sport button on the 981 as it did in the 987. But that's a good thing because I always used toe drive in sport with pasm on normal so I had to always switch it off and now I don't have to.

So happy I've got front sensors too. I find the parking harder in the 981 due to higher sides and lower seating position.

OMG - did I!

I happened to be feeling a bit off colour yesterday, a combo of late beds, early get ups and a cold, so i felt pants all day. all i wanted was the keys, so i could drive the car home and explore it.

But Porsche East London had the car all polished up and draped up with the black cover etc, with my name on the board, congratulations and all that.

I tried to look delighted and I hope it worked but Im not sure how convincing i was :dont know:

Then the sales manager spent 20 minutes trying to sell me alloy wheel and tyre cover etc. (tbh alloy cover for up to 18 repairs for 150 quid doesnt seem too bad) but anyway, i said Id think about it.

Then he went on to tell me, hand on heart that he has never! like NEVER reduced a new car by 12% for a cash purchase. dunno if that was sales patter or not but they were all pretty good to me and managed to turn the deal around in 2 days from when i said Id buy it.

So other than trying to upsell some other stuff - not really.

Why do they do this - really!.

OPC local to me do the whole 'under a black cover' nonsense - it's not like you do not know what's under it.

I am never convinced that they really get the two ends of their market. Enthusiasts frown and others swoon at this kind of treatment - is it really that difficult to judge and behave appropriately? :dont know:

Im not the centre of attention type of person at least not when Im out of my comfort zone and yesterday I felt awkward but hey ho, let's be honest, if they just bunged the keys and asked for the money I would fell underwhelmed.

What I didnt like was the sales manager, who kept popping up and telling me, how these cars are not like other cars and should be well insured etc. i mean, I'm no expert but it is my 4th one and Im old enough to be his uncle.

The younger salesman who i shook hands on the deal with, was so well balanced, no pressure and totally made me feel like he was working for me to get the best deal.
I believe he felt on the back foot because of his initial mistake sending me on a 140 round trip to see a used car that had already been sold. It all worked out for the best though, as the one i was buying was 4 years old with low miles but only 15k cheaper than i paid for brand new.

I'm really pleased with the colour combo too which may have added to the better deal, as i know two tone black/luxor full leather is not every ones choice.
Truth is with the jet black exterior i love it, cabin is so airy and the luxor is so soft on the eyes and no reflection from the dash because both dash and door tops are black.

i will post some pics soon.

now with images:

Attachments

• img_1204_219.jpg
    img_1204_219.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 3,855
interior

Attachments

• img_1202_157.jpg
    img_1202_157.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,853
  • img_1201_209.jpg