Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many UK registered R, Spyder, GTS and Gt4

tim993

quite interesting to see how many left of each model

981 C GT4 214
981 B Spyder 69
981 CGTS 425
981 BGTS 303
987 C R 227
987 B Spyder 192

These are the total of taxed and SORN

The split between 987 and 981 spyder is estimated as anything added in Q4 2015 is most likely a 981

it will be interesting to see how many or indeed few have been added in Q1/2 of this year, though sadly we'll have to wait for those to be published.

don't you just love howmanyleft !

Thanks Senoj :thumb:

I had tended not to use the tables directly, as our village internet connection does not like the large files, plus we have a very old version of XL on our rather slow iMac...

One thing with these models is they are at least clearly defined in the data, though you are right i could probably get the exact number of 981 Spyder registrations without guessing!

Anyhow, this kind of backs up my view that on rarity grounds and given they are reputed to be just about as special to drive, the 981 Spyder should have the stronger long-term residuals than the GT4. Plus, i do genuinely think they have a broader appeal.

Also, interesting to see how far 981 CGTS sales outstripped the BGTS. In fact in all the variants, the Cayman has been the stronger seller. i wonder if they simply restricted Spyder supply to the UK, in favour of say the US - where if you believe Reenlist, getting hold of one has not been impossible.

boxster

Hi am I reading this rite, are there only 69 981 Boxster Spyder made and 214 GT4, made ?

That's the number register up till end of last year. I don't think 2016 data has been released yet.

Re: boxster

noel993 said:
Hi am I reading this rite, are there only 69 981 Boxster Spyder made and 214 GT4, made ?

No. These are UK Registration figures not production figures.

T8 said:
noel993 said:

No. These are UK Registration figures not production figures.

The data in the link I posted has UK registrations at 80 for the Spyder and 225 for the GT4 up unril end of DEC 15. I think Spyder production has stopped and i believe some are still waiting for GT4's with delivery dates in q3 16.

Hi Senoj - I clearly need to take a better look at the numbers. It's odd that howmanyleft gets a different total for the GT4, but then again I probably misread this too!! Either way for every 3 GT4s in the UK there's only 1 Spyder and biased as I am, I know which I'd one I'd really love to own if I could and had the choice😀!
Cheers
tim

Interesting. It also points to a potentially significant bubble on GT4 prices with their UK numbers comfortably on target to exceed those of every flavour of GT3 ever made to UK spec. The Spyder is without question going to be the 981 to have for anyone hung up on residuals... :?:

I had a look again last night and it appears over 50 BGTS were registered in 2016. That's quite impressive for the run out of the 981. It'll be interesting to see how many 981s of all models have been registered later than Q1'16.

Senoj said:
The data in the link I posted has UK registrations at 80 for the Spyder and 225 for the GT4 up unril end of DEC 15. I think Spyder production has stopped and i believe some are still waiting for GT4's with delivery dates in q3 16.

Since someone popped out the thread defibrillator on this one, the latest counts are interesting. The GT4 is now up to 468 new registrations, the Boxster Spyder 191, the 991 RS 203 and for comparison, the 991 GT3 ended production at 335 UK registrations.

Objectively - none are as rare as most think (or indeed : we were expecting when they launched).

[Footnote: those are end of Q1 numbers and at least the GT4 and 991RS are still being delivered in Q3, possibly beyond].

468 and counting on the GT4. Well, the route to sensible prices is making the right amount so well done Porsche in that regard.

Interesting to see that including the post Q1 registrations the 981 Spyder should be more numerous than the 987 Soyder. I still want one and hopefully these higher numbers make that more possible and affordable. I'm still irritated not to have been able to order one from new - particularly seeing how many have been immediately flipped through JZM and other dealers... Grrr!!

Just to update the thread - the Q2 numbers have hit the DVLA databases. The counts for new registrations (so cars registered rather than Tax/SORN so some will be exported or written off out of these and they may be inflated by non-C16 cars coming in) are now :

981 Spyder : 227
981 Boxster GTS : 379
981 GT4 : 542
981 Cayman GTS : 540

987 Spyder : 231
987 Cayman R : 256

The noteworthy point is that the GT4 is the most common (and its number will rise as there were still cars being delivered into Q3).

In case anyone wondered the 991 RS is up to 265 as of the end of Q2. So for all of the criticism of Porsche and their allocations of limited run cars - we do have to concede that other than the Spyder, they are sending us a lot more of them than they used to. It is simply that the speculators and easier to live with nature of the newer cars has inflated demand far in excess of the increased supply.

More GT4 than GTS, thats surprising but maybe not as the price diff wasn't that much?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back