Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MotoGP!!! What a race that was!!!!

Norfolk & Idea

Gutted for Marquez. He so deserved victory there but what a race! Fantastic stuff once again. Brilliant!

Got home to see the last four quite excellent laps, was rather disappointed not to see Rossi up there.

Fair play to Lorenzo keeping that drive out of the last corner..

Excellent race in the early laps and in the last few laps. :thumb:

Just a pity Vale couldn't be up there mixing it with the two others. Very strange for one of the top guys to go out with a blown engine. :nooo:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Gutted for Marquez. He so deserved victory there but what a race! Fantastic stuff once again. Brilliant!

Thanks for not putting a spoiler in the subject line. :thumb:

I don't get to watch the race until the ITV4 show on Monday evenings and do everything I can to not hear anything beforehand.

I was gutted for Rossi and didn't care who won. Marquez was superb in that fantastic last lap but JL deserved it overall and that last squirt for the line was sublime.

T8 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Thanks for not putting a spoiler in the subject line. :thumb:

I don't get to watch the race until the ITV4 show on Monday evenings and do everything I can to not hear anything beforehand.

No problem, anytime. Did the MotoGP!!! bit not give it away?

Agree with the comments above. It would have been an even better last few laps had Rossi's engine not blown.

The contrast between Moto GP and F1 is enormous......both technical and the pinnacle of development but F1 is so sterile by comparison.

Unusual for two Yam engines to blow on the same weekend......the whole team looked very uncomfortable when Vale's engine went......P45 in the post!

The crowd pulling power of Vale is incredible - commentators suggesting people left half way through the race when he retired.......he really is the GOAT.

Hats off to Jorge for pulling the momentum through the last corner, hasn't forgotten his roots on the 250's after all....

Would love to see Stoner back nest year.

As much as I am no fan of either Marquez or Whoregay the last couple of laps were fantastic!

However, such a shame for Rossi, spoilt the race for me, pretty sure he had the measure of Lorenzo and was just biding his time!

This sport puts F1 and a lot of other sports to shame in terms of the excitement, 'real' proper racing, the characters and general openness of the sport!

...I heard that a con-rod went on VR's bike. :sad:

wizard993 said:
...I heard that a con-rod went on VR's bike. :sad:

Weird to have both Yamaha's blow engines over the weekend! :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back