Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat options

gunner

Sao Paulo
Seats are looking a bit tired, particularly the usual drivers bolster which needs a repair.

Could obviously get them refurbished, but I like the idea of personalising the car (originality is not as important to me as some) so I'm weighing up the options.

Happy with something simple without electric adjustment.

Suggestions...?

Hans Hahn seats get good reviews

Agreed re Hans Hahn RS Reps, i'll either do these or Recaro Pole Position. ;)

C.

If you were going for a sports set up then I'd fit something like Cobra Misano's or recaro CS, but if you would just like some nice stock seats then the factory sport seats are hard to beat.

Like the look of the cobra Misano, I do have the kids in the back a fair bit so folding is a nice option to have.

Anyone fitted a set?

gunner said:
Like the look of the cobra Misano, I do have the kids in the back a fair bit so folding is a nice option to have.

Anyone fitted a set?

I also need rear seat access. I've spent the last three years with the dilemma of either installing Misanos or Recaro CS Sportsta, and to be honest I'm erring on the later.

Part of the reason is I'm not sure I like the exposed frames on the Cobras and also they seem to wear quite quickly. Saying that they are a lot cheaper than the Recaro's

If you do go the Cobra route, call the factory to see what stock they have kicking around rather than going straight to a distributer. When I called them they hinted heavily that I could buy a 'faulty' one that they would find a matching one for the passenger side, they also enquired if it would be on a cash sale basis. ..... £400 for the pair was a (if mem serves) suggested price. Only downside would have been I'd needed to have to collect and taken them away that day.
I'm not saying there was any sneaky deal trying to be done here as I'm assuming it was show seats they had kicking around. This was the office I was talking too not some dodgy warehouse fella. I was quite surprised still though.

What Seats are in the car?

My faves are early 993 Sports Seats (Big Bolster), the comfiest and most supportive OEM Seats out there IMO, much better than the Hard Back Sports Seats I had in my 993S.
Unfortunately they are difficult to find at reasonable money.

C.

cableguy said:

My faves are early 993 Sports Seats (Big Bolster), the comfiest and most supportive OEM Seats out there IMO, much better than the Hard Back Sports Seats I had in my 993S.

C.

Standard comfort seats at the moment.

gunner said:
cableguy said:

C.

Ditto. Would OEM Hard Backs be an option?

C.

Hans Hahn RS replica seats

In any colour combination you want but get the pukka Recaro sliders the ones supplied are not as good, also the RS seat belt bracket is a good option.
No tilt, so rear area access is tight. Dimensionally similar to Recaro Pole position and very light. Very good value for a lightweight seat.

Attachments

• 25sitz1_890.jpg
    25sitz1_890.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 12,686
  • hans_hahn_seats_152.jpg
    hans_hahn_seats_152.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 12,686
cableguy said:
gunner said:
cableguy said:

C.

Ditto. Would OEM Hard Backs be an option?

C.

I think they're overpriced personally.

Overpriced is an understatement...

Good luck with your decision and be sure to post some pics up once sorted. :thumb:

C.

wozy said:
I also need rear seat access. I've spent the last three years with the dilemma of either installing Misanos or Recaro CS Sportsta, and to be honest I'm erring on the later.

I've just had a look at these and I really like the look of the Recaro C Sportster as a more reasonably priced alternative to the OE hardbacks. (That's my impression anyway but I must admit I don't know what hardbacks are actually selling for now :?:)

.......but it seems that the "leather" is actually synthetic i.e. plastic. It's bad enough having plastic seats in the back I don't think I could have them in the front too. :nooo: It's a real shame, I think I could've been tempted by those.

Recaro Pole Positions in leather for me....

Look good and feel great... Although more road feel over comfort!!

Lig.

837047639_o.jpg

865217828_o.jpg

837047661_o.jpg

837047649_o.jpg

Do not be tempted by Recaro SPG std unless you have a very small posterior, they are available in a wide fitting but the sides are taller than the Pole Positions so getting out with a short skirt on could be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back