Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

R53 Mini Cooper S FOR SALE

ragpicker

Portimao
So the time has come for me to sell my little mini.

Its been a tremendous car over the past couple of years and has had some cracking modifications done to enable it to be a good track car, but also a great daily driver too.

The car has the following modifications:
-Revolution Mini Works Big Valve Head Stage II with huge inconel exhaust valves
-Kavs 17% reduction pulley
-550cc injectors
-Remap
-Airtec Intercooler
-CAI
-Newman fast road cam
-Piper 4-2-1 decat exhaust manifold
-Stainless steel 'toyosport' rear backboxes
-Lower weight DMF
-LSD
-Fully adjustable (height, rebound, castor/camber)coilovers (D3)
-GP Recaro heated seats
-Adjustable rear control arms
-R56 front brakes
-Braided lines
-Polybushed
-Upgraded speakers and head unit
- Recently had a brand new supercharger
-Oil and filter every 3-5k miles of my ownership

All in all this car is believed to run about 270-290whp. At Croft a few weeks ago it kept up with a 987 Cayman S on the main straight from an near standing start to 105mph.

Bad bits:
Mileage discrepancy. When I bought the car it was HPI clear and on 120k miles. When I took it for its first MOT the previous recorded mileage was 122k miles!
Exhaust is a bit loud. Its fine for me but others may find it slightly loud.
Small crack in windscreen - advisory on MOT for years. Not in viewable area and never caused a problem.

Looking for £6k or best offer.

23031476495_cbf62b4e51_o.jpg

19812200500_3b48333072_o.jpg

19998621335_12986d3d0f_o.jpg

That would be a great R53 if you're in the market, some very choice mods. Loads of car for the money. Mine hasn't got that far either, but there's plenty of time.

Not sure how many potential Mini purchasers hang out on a 911 forum, but by the evidence of this thread there's 3 owners here at least... :D For the others, worth pointing out that the Chrysler block that the R53 uses is pretty much indestructible, very receptive indeed to tuning, and the engine will run very happily into the several hundred thousand miles before wanting anything doing (unlike most 911s of a certain vintage...) :D

i.e. a tuned R53 on 120k+ (especially with a new supercharger) wouldn't give me any worries at all.

ragpicker said:
Cheers guys!

It is a cracking little car, does everything so well..

.. I'm only selling it because I need a porsche as my daily driver again. Having said that, I'm not bothered if it hangs around a little while....

Sounds like me last year. I loved my little mini but I wanted to be in a Porsche day to day. If I had the space I would have kept it.

The MINI and the 911 have a lot in common, they're both icons, both raced and they're both giant killers, so it's not a surprise to see some on a 911 forum. And they both accommodate three, but it's easier to carry a spare set of rims in a MINI.

My R53 is back home in a warm garage on a DEFA Smartcharge. It now serves as my summer wheels and track day car.

The 911 on the other hand is my daily... :thumb:

I have a r53 cooper s as well , running 230bhp
Sat in the garage next to my 911, the other side a BMW 330 clubsport.
All great cars but different, love them all

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back