Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paddles for £500?

Tinker

Albert Park
Have a 996.2 Carrera 4 Tip 2, which I like very much.
Want flappy paddles.
Don't want a conversion that leaves the buttons on the wheel.
Can't DIY.
Don't want to spend more than £500.

Is it possible, please? If so, where? :)

Message sent!

I'm hoping so, as I am about to embark on this as a DIY mod on my TT 996.

Just bought a used 996 Manual Steering Wheel £199.99
Plus a Mercedes AMG metal Flappy Paddle Set for £120.00 ish

So aside from blagging some quality 'Brother and Father' time (whom are far handier than I with Dremmels and electrics) I am hoping additional costs will be minimal.

Genuinely cannot wait to have this mod complete but finding the time currently is the biggest challenge with the C2 project underway! I think it will transform the car, as currently I think you'd need a thumb sprouting from your forearm to meet the ergonomics of the existing tiptronic system when driving ten and two... thats without even commenting on the ease to miss shift in spirited driving.

Hope that helps!

Nath

Does anyone know what the part number is for the connector or loom for the shift buttons on the wheel side of a 996? So a paddle shift wheel could be made plug and play into the standard porsche loom.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to work out an easy way to do the conversion for Keith. Thanks. H.

:popcorn:

Harrygf said:
Does anyone know what the part number is for the connector or loom for the shift buttons on the wheel side of a 996? So a paddle shift wheel could be made plug and play into the standard porsche loom.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to work out an easy way to do the conversion for Keith. Thanks. H.
Hi H,
Try the below they did my paddles onto a manual gt3 steering wheel (I love it!).... I know they make their own bespoke wiring loom, don't know if they will sell just the loom though but worth a try.
T:07943 311332

T:01942 874940

E:p[email protected]

Morris Green Business Park

Fearnhead Street.

Bolton.

BL3 3PE

No affiliation just a satisfied customer :wink:

Think I have found it - 99334783100.
Thanks. H

Ah okay thanks. I will start hunting the breakers then!
Cheers. H

paddles

mine are AMG, i have to take the wheel off to change the indicator switch so will take some photos and post

Attachments

• img_3911_115.jpg
    img_3911_115.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 4,326
Hi
I did mine as a diy and the wiring takes about 5 minutes, is very simple and doesn't require you to buy a loom or special connector. I suggest you print off the following post and show the picture of the three wires to connect to your paddles,(one is for up the second for down and the other is the earth) to whoever is going g to do it for you.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582&highlight=

Cheers

Graham

P.S. this mod works really well

Fitted my paddle shift suede/leather wheel off my turbo for Tinker last night. Very nice chap and very patient - as I fiddled with the wiring to make sure the new wheel was plug & play, same as his original.

Also Discovered that I have a spare connector now off my old wheel so if anyone wants that so they can wire a new wheel as plug and play into the original loom then get in touch as its not much use to me! Might as well go to someon that can use it.

Thanks. H

For info for others - as given away my spare now!
I believe this is the connector you need for steering wheel side to plug into car loom, and need to ask them about the pins too. eBay item 172092039471. Tho the porsche one was black. Actually had my 2003 mini apart the other day and the rear wiper motor connector is the same one too!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back