Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Refurbishing wheel nuts

ARP

Spa-Francorchamps
Inspired by Chirs at Exel Wheels and while I wait for Chris to refurbish my turbo alloys I thought I'd spruce up the nuts.

Cheap silver alloy wheel spray paint from Amazon, quick spray over and then back on the car. Cheap as chips and very effective.

It's the small details that make all the difference. Rusty nuts :hand:

Lol Love the idea of wedging them into packing in order to paint all around.

Are you going to brave doing the locking one? I need to do mine.

:eek: Do people still have locking wheel bolts?

The locking ones are drying now - just wanted to show the difference.
And, locking ones came out fine, unlike a recent nightmare on an Audi Q7 - these have gone the journey.

The locking nuts in the picture should have a removal nut thats a one piece design ...

Porsche originally made it as 2 pieces pushed together .. this type is known for seperateing causeing a poor contact with the nut and damageing it .. if anyone has this type then always knock the 2 pieces with a hammer to make sure they are fully seated.

This pict here shows the old design , its a dark grey colour as opposed to the chrome 1 piece design , and you can see where the join is .

http://cf-design911-3.datadial.info/uploads/images/product/wheel_nuts/99136105700lr.jpg

Did mine today! A bit boring doing all 20, but well worth the effort. :thumbs:

ARP said:
Inspired by Chirs at Exel Wheels and while I wait for Chris to refurbish my turbo alloys I thought I'd spruce up the nuts.

Cheap silver alloy wheel spray paint from Amazon, quick spray over and then back on the car. Cheap as chips and very effective.

maybe i am a numpty but when i tried to do mine in black the paint came off when i tried to tighten the bolt on. ANY TIPS?

Cool and Thanks. Will give it a try

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back