Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Orig. 1992 PRINCE signature. A3 Size

ok51mon

Orig. 1992 PRINCE signature on 
Herb Ritts' book page "Notorious" (COA included)

Prince had stopped signing autographs for his fans many years ago. It is assumed that his decision had to do with his becoming a Jehovah's Witness by the late 1990s.

The signature on sale here today, however, stems from 1992. Prince gave it to his dancers "žDiamond and Pearl' in Los Angeles after a video shoot. They later passed it on to their friend Mark Moralez, who in turn sold it to me through his company, The Hollywood Circuit in May 2004. Moralez included a signed certificate of authenticity; this document is going to be included with the sale of Prince's autograph now. 

Throughout his career, Prince has usually signed with just his first name, Prince, omitting his second name, Rogers, as well as his surname, Nelson. He went by his full name only when signing checks or official documents, contracts and the likes. Instead, he started to add the words, "žLove God' very early in the 1980s. From 1993 through 1999, a bunch of signatures with nothing but the "žsymbol' were given away. Ever since, it's back to "žPrince', although he clearly seems to avoid having to sign anything at all these days. 
Prince's reluctance to give autographs has led to 3- and 4-figure prices fetched in auctions whenever anything that's proven authentic goes on sale.

The signature here is a rare combination of both, his given name, "Prince", as well as the words "žLove God' AND the famous trademark symbol. 
A 5-pound, 168-page coffee table photo book "Notorious" by photographer Herb Ritts, who died in 2002, was published in 1992. Prince's signature comes on a strong and heavy page from this book. 

"¨Hight of this page: 38,2 cm = 15.3 inches
"¨Width of the page: 29,7 cm = 11.9 inches

(Collectors, please note that the size of this page is almost A3!)

The size of Prince's signature ALONE ("žLove God – Prince', written in black Edding) is: 

6.6 inches x 2.4 inches

Price: £6750 (Price subject to increase depending on market demand)

Talk about Dead man's shoes!!

Capitalising on a dead AIDS victim :nooo:

I guess the 3 pm regarding this piece in my inbox must all be hate mail?? Something tells me they aren't..

To answer some frequent questions I will listen to offer however it may go to closed bids as this is advertised elsewhere.

Si

Not my cup of tea :what: Got any Liberace :dont know:

I thought he drove a Corvete :dont know:

Princess

If the price can be altered for market demand I will give you Tuppence hapenny! For goodness sake,get a grip man! He was hardly up there with Bucks Fizz or Brotherhood of Man!

good luck with that, I would think the only signature that could command that would be elvis. :thumb:

:hand: Some people have got suspicious minds

:coat:

Well if he gets his asking price, it'll be Viva Las Vegas! I Just Can't Help Believin' I suspect this deal will be left Blowin' in the Wind. :lol:

:coat:

Well.....

God love's a trier but FFS - good luck but for me this is around 10p at best.

ok, that was quick, quick as a little red corvette. How much did it fetch?

Or as quick as a deposit on a 458..

Can't discuss numbers ( thats not very gentlemanly!)

Wasn't sold to a member on here though :floor:

Si

ok51mon said:
Or as quick as a deposit on a 458..

Can't discuss numbers ( thats not very gentlemanly!)

Wasn't sold to a member on here though :floor:

Si

Only another 19 to sign and sell and you're motoring :drive:

:whistle:
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee,
Black or white, rich or poor,
We'll cut prices at a stroke......
:whistle:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads