Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some input please on a 997 turbo.

easternjets

Paul Ricard
I have been in the market for a Porsche and as some of you may know I was going to buy a 993 but it fell through, understatement of the year!!
I have seen the 997 Gen 1 & Gen II and even a Gen 1.5 and I have read the threads on the difference. I have seen a very nice Gen1 at a dealer in the South called Harbour Cars, it looks stunning and comes with a 2 year warranty which would give me peace of mind, hopefully!
Any thoughts please?

:useless:

Been dying to use that for a while.

Someone will be along in a minute with much more knowledge that me.

Whats the car? Turbo/C4S etc

ah - the clue is in the title

:coat:

There is a clue when he says " I have seen a very nice Gen1 at a dealer in the South called Harbour Cars"...... :dont know: :eek:

Harbour Cars have 3 Turbos but all are tiptronics. I would search hard for a manual.

My thoughts are that you need to provide more info/detail as to your question and the vehicle you're looking at...

Probably need a bit more info, on what you want from your Turbo

Manual / auto
Colour combo
Spec / Miles
Mezger / DFI

??

Harbour Cars currently have three 997.1 Turbo tips for sale... which one do you fancy?

Hey Nick,

First of all, Harbour Cars has a very good reputation from all i have heard and they prep their cars well.

Secondly, while i have bias as a 997.2 Turbo owner i think you will be blown away 'literally' by the performance.

I bought mine last December and tested both the Tiptronic on a 997.1 and the PDK on the 997.2 and i much preferred the 997.2 PDK. Partly because the flappy paddles are more intuitive and partly because the 7 gears in the PDK are better ratioed (is that a word?) than the 5 in the Tiptronic. I found 2nd gear in the Tip way too long.

The 997.2 also sounds way better to my ears.

For what you planned to pay for the 993 C4S you can get a nice 997.2 Turbo with an OPC warranty.

Rule #1. Only buy from a dealer about which you have heard great things. Buying privately is a different ball of wax.

Good luck!

Jcx said:
Hey Nick,

First of all, Harbour Cars has a very good reputation from all i have heard and they prep their cars well.

Secondly, while i have bias as a 997.2 Turbo owner i think you will be blown away 'literally' by the performance.

I bought mine last December and tested both the Tiptronic on a 997.1 and the PDK on the 997.2 and i much preferred the 997.2 PDK. Partly because the flappy paddles are more intuitive and partly because the 7 gears in the PDK are better ratioed (is that a word?) than the 5 in the Tiptronic. I found 2nd gear in the Tip way too long.

For what you planned to pay for the 993 C4S you can get a nice 997.2 Turbo with an OPC warranty.

Rule #1. Only buy from a dealer about which you have heard great things. Buying privately is a different ball of wax.

Good luck!

That's not sound advice really is it? but its an opinion none the less.

No mention of a proper mans car, a manual !!

OP, all you will really get on here, is how good the posters car is, and there bias opinions and why they took that route.

It is the basics really, and quite important, manual or auto is a completely different driving experience.

There are other factors to consider as well, as in my previous post.

Boba fett said:
Jcx said:
Hey Nick,

Good luck!

No mention of a proper teenage ASBO car like my max-power Sega weapon!!

'Thoughts' is what the OP requested Buba. And thats what he got. And do stop trying to persuade him to have your max-power fast and furious oddity instead. :thumbs: ...some people :?

Jcx said:
Boba fett said:
Jcx said:
Hey Nick,

Good luck!

'Thoughts' is what the OP requested Buba. And thats what he got. And do stop trying to persuade him to have your max-power fast and furious oddity instead. :thumbs: ...some people :?

Oh dear :nooo:

Boba fett said:
Jcx said:
Boba fett said:
Jcx said:
Hey Nick,

Good luck!

Oh dear :nooo:

I preferred it when you bit! :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back