Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991 GT3 has arrived - exhaust advice

habanero

Spa-Francorchamps
As per my post in the newbie section I've returned to the fold with a white 991 GT3 with the Clubsport package.

You don't need me to tell you what it's like as that's been covered a thousand times but needless to say I am pretty damn happy at present :D

Whether my man-maths made any sense time will only tell but I bought it to use, not as an investment. Having said that the suggested freefall in prices if and when the manual version arrives will no doubt play on my mind for a while.

Having come from a Maserati Granturismo I'm clearly lacking more than a little noise so first purchase is likely to be an aftermarket exhaust.

Clearly there are lots about so would appreciate any pointers from anybody that took the plunge. I've been looking at Akra, Sharkwerks, Cargraphic and Kline so far.

All varying prices, quality and sounds it would seem.

My car is currently bog standard aside from me having the wheels painted in gloss black prior to collection. I'll get some pics up as soon as poss but here is a link to the original pics in my post here:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111879

:thumb:

Congratulations... I bet it was a long wait :)
Won't an after-market exhaust invalidate your Porsche warranty?

A fair point. On BMW they tended to overlook the aftermarket pipe providing the problem wasn't related to it.

For example, I had 3 warranty claims (£12k DCT gearbox / part wiring loom fix / new battery) with an aftermarket pipe and it was never mentioned.

Are Porsche different?

Sadly yes they are super strict to the point where you can't even change the battery. Perhaps its a little different on the 991 but before spending any more I would give them a ring. Is no "Porsche" sports exhaust option on the GT3?

Ah, well that would put the kibosh on that then.

I've learnt my lessons before with not having a warranty. :thumb:

Yes better to find out now than the hard way later :) I would still give them a call, you never know they maybe an approved option we don't yet know about.

Or perhaps there is something you can unplug to make it louder which you can simply plug back in before the next service.

Most of OPC 's restrictions are targeted at warranty renewal rather than warranty claims IME.

I am here if you need any info :thumb:

Just came back from Bahrain where I spent one day with one of our customers in a 991GT3 RS. We fitted full inconel setup, 20KG total weight including manifolds with 100cell HJS cats. This is by far the lightest system on the market, that has complete setup with wing boxes, centre boxes, valvetronic and catalyst.

The sound is intoxicating at full throttle! Cruising with valves closed is nearly stock.

A quick pic and a sound clip taken 1 min after installation https://www.instagram.com/p/BEmQIVAxlV4/?taken-by=cpc.me

Attachments

• 991gt3_inconel_185.jpg
    991gt3_inconel_185.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 9,276
You want to hack up a brand new 991 GT3?

Seriously, I'm no expert, but think about the warranty implications is all I'd say. The car is probably worth keeping within OPC and the terms of the warranty. But each to their own I guess.

cheshire911 said:
You want to hack up a brand new 991 GT3?

Seriously, I'm no expert, but think about the warranty implications is all I'd say. The car is probably worth keeping within OPC and the terms of the warranty. But each to their own I guess.

'Hack up' is a bit strong, no?

Assuming the OP chose a high quality, properly engineered solution (like some of those suggested above) this would be a bolt on modification that would enhance his enjoyment of the car and could be returned to original very simply with no detrimental effects whatsoever.

In this case you're probably right as the risk of invalidating the warranty on a high cost car like this probably will sway the decision here, but I do get a little tired of your continual crusade against modifications, which seems to be based on the assumption that everyone should operate an ownership model like yours where you seem to see the car primarily as an asset and the absolute priority is eliminating all operating risk so that you can ensure maximum value come resale time.

That's one approach and you seem to enjoy it, however soulless it seems to me. Others view their cars as tools or toys to be experienced and enjoyed, and for some people part of that enjoyment comes from modifying things to their tastes to enhance their ownership experience, even if it does mean higher operating costs and the value at resale is lower then optimum.

When I sell a car I'd rather look back at a car and say I squeezed every drop of enjoyment from it rather than every penny. As you say: each to their own.

I think the standard exhaust sounds great. Not sure I would be changing it especially as you have the handcuffs of a Porsche warranty to think about.

Congrats on the car by the way. Any photos? Edit: Just saw the link to the other thread with photos.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back